:krs:
tumblr_li258jdIk11qfwshko1_500.gif

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LL Cool J is a legend and I respect him as an MC, and also as a pioneer, though he may not have been one of the first MC's he did contribute a lot to Hip Hop and broke some new ground.

But in terms of the poll my pick is KRS-One, and to be honest easily too. I think he has a better discography, better content, more flows, more positivity, more meaningful songs, both made a big impact on the game and upon MC's. KRS had more styles, both tight lyrically, but for me this boils down to music and body of work and that's why I pick KRS. He also is still making music I love, the last shyt I heard from LL sounded a bit embarrassing.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
voted for :krs:

ll is that dude and has one of the greatest catalogues, but I personally like Krs more

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could argue longevity wise KRS-One takes it too considering LL been very on and off with the albums, KRS has been dropping regularly, sometimes several albums a year. LL's album in 2008 wasn't bad, had some joints, but the 2013 1 was kind of wack if I remember. KRS's last album in 2014 was DOPE, and he's had a run from 2007 onwards where he's consistently been dropping dope shyt, and that's excluding obviously all he did before that, but he's been consistently active.

LL was a bigger pop star (not saying he's just pop, obviously he's Hip Hop too) but KRS takes it in a lot of areas to me, flows, styles, quantity of albums, quality of albums, content by FAR and this matters, also consistency and artistic integrity, KRS has kept it real with his music, LL has trendhopped a bit, with varying results, recently very bad results, the last album he did was so bad it made me not wanna check no more, but as it's LL will still check. KRS is just a better artist to me, I hope KRS is in the final of this shyt, deserves to be.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
You could argue longevity wise KRS-One takes it too considering LL been very on and off with the albums, KRS has been dropping regularly, sometimes several albums a year. LL's album in 2008 wasn't bad, had some joints, but the 2013 1 was kind of wack if I remember. KRS's last album in 2014 was DOPE, and he's had a run from 2007 onwards where he's consistently been dropping dope shyt, and that's excluding obviously all he did before that, but he's been consistently active.

LL was a bigger pop star (not saying he's just pop, obviously he's Hip Hop too) but KRS takes it in a lot of areas to me, flows, styles, quantity of albums, quality of albums, content by FAR and this matters, also consistency and artistic integrity, KRS has kept it real with his music, LL has trendhopped a bit, with varying results, recently very bad results, the last album he did was so bad it made me not wanna check no more, but as it's LL will still check. KRS is just a better artist to me, I hope KRS is in the final of this shyt, deserves to be.

Excellent summary, this mirrors a lot of my thinking in voting for KRS as well. Mama Said Knock You Out was one of the records that made me love rap music so it's tough for me to go against LL too.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Excellent summary, this mirrors a lot of my thinking in voting for KRS as well. Mama Said Knock You Out was one of the records that made me love rap music so it's tough for me to go against LL too.

Yeah it's not taking anything away from LL at all in an overall context. I still listen to a lot of LL joints regularly, Mama Said Knock You Out, Rock The Bells Remix, 4,3,2, 1, Doin It, Big Ole Butt, The Doo Wop, Hip Hop, Till The Break Of Dawn, could go on and on. LL has been an iconic figure and is a true legend, he inspired a lot of MC's, from Canibus, Cormega etc and even opened up a lane for people. He's a hall of fame Hip Hop artist. He is in the history books.

But then again so is KRS, KRS has inspired also artists such as 2 Pac, Nas, K-Rino, Krayzie Bone etc, incredible battler, the knowledge he's given, the game as Pac or Ice T or them kind of cats would call it is invaluable and futuristic, KRS is still currently inspiring younger MC's on an underground level too and some of these MC's I'm sure 1 day will translate and break the barrier. Beast 1333 is dope, he's a student of KRS-One, many are, he is the teacher. To this day the music he's making is Hip Hop, rebellious in it's essence, about justice, still killing shyt on stage, numerous classic albums, countless classic songs, KRS has a great case to be the actual true GOAT, 2 Pac might be my current GOAT but KRS might have the best case on many levels. My favourite character in Hip Hop, he lives and breathes Hip Hop, and he's been true to Hip Hop, been true to trying to uplift, inspire and teach people through his music, and not even getting in to non musical cultural contributions as it would just take too long. But musically, and skill wise KRS is off the chart. I think a lot of people don't fully understand KRS, I hope 1 day they will. He has something like 28 album projects.... KRS is at the very elite end of legends and greats, it's no shame for anybody to be behind KRS-One.