"Eminem has experienced more racism than 99% of black Americans"

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
this kind of overtly stupid logic is scary to see/hear. like you hear about it, but then spotting individuals who say patently wrong shyt is jarring to me.

but it goes to show the system ain't broken, it's fixed just right. 400+ years of racism in this country &its citizens still don't even know what racism is in 2016. that's not a mistake

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
\

What I'm saying is there's various segments of culture with their own dynamics.

As for the bolded - Exactly. His skin color helped him crossover into the mainstream but dealing with the adversity that he had to go through in the beginning, before he was known, is something that would've had many people stopping in their tracks. Especially this new special snowflake generation

That's true.

Em didn't really have shyt else...he NEEDED this rap shyt to make a way for himself and his family like a lot of rappers from that era who would probably be dead or in jail without making it to some degree. But acknowledging that doesn't make the statement in the OP any less ridiculous...not like we should expect anything less from Youtube comments, let alone from Eminem fans but still.

I think the issue is that people in general think of privilege like they get some kind of prize...like if you can walk through life without having to worry about the everyday problems of this or that group that you are somehow blessed to never experience real hardship but that's not the case. But when you try to articulate that people get defensive and when people are defending their identity they have already closed off the neurological pathways that would allow them to receive and understand what is being said.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's why I can't say Drake stans are more annoying than Eminem stans yet.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not possible. Em would never have been targeted for the school to prison pipeline, Em doesn't have to worry about being redlined, Em doesn't have to worry about a people viewing him as more aggressive or violent because of the color of his skin(though history has proven that whites are the most violent people in history) I could go on.

Em is my goat but fans stupidity upset me.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
That's not possible. Em would never have been targeted for the school to prison pipeline, Em doesn't have to worry about being redlined, Em doesn't have to worry about a people viewing him as more aggressive or violent because of the color of his skin(though history has proven that whites are the most violent people in history) I could go on.

Em is my goat but fans stupidity upset me.
And the thing is, Eminem is without a doubt a talented MC who paid his dues to earn the respect he gets.
It's just he literally has the worse fans in hip-hop

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
And the thing is, Eminem is without a doubt a talented MC who paid his dues to earn the respect he gets.
It's just he literally has the worse fans in hip-hop

Those types of fans aren't even really Hip Hop though, they MIGHT be rap fans but they aren't of the culture more often than not saying shyt like that because Hip Hop by definition requires you to be HIP to certain shyt.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Those types of fans aren't even really Hip Hop though, they MIGHT be rap fans but they aren't of the culture more often than not saying shyt like that because Hip Hop by definition requires you to be HIP to certain shyt.
I always say this to myself:

Can you think of a black artist in any genre of music that black people will openly say is the best in the genre, yet have no knowledge of any other artists from that genre?

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
honestly, I think the only white rapper worth listening to is this nikka

:whew:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
"White privilege" is a buzz word

It's reverse racism in the highest order. To accuse someone without any evidence of wrongdoing outside of the color of their skin. That's racism.

What is white privilege? The color of band-aids matching their skin tone instead of ours?

Furthermore. We are all against racism and most white people are against it to but if you fail to point out a specific incidence of racism than you are serving no purpose. You need to highlight a specific incident, otherwise you're just talking. Statistical disparity doesn't always indicate racism. Example. A majority of the NBA is black.. There's very few 5 foot 9 jews in the NBA, that doesn't mean the NBA has systematically prevented jews from playing in the league, it's not some anti-semitic conspiracy. In a free market meritocracy often rules . . specific instances of nepotism are easy to point out but well within people's rights

Despite the fact that NO STUDY shows that there is discrimination in the way that banks give out loans there is a widespread perception to the contrary and this led the federal government to create a subprime lending program specifically designated to give people with minority status and bad credit into houses they couldn't afford , this extended to low income individuals

So . . so far. "White privilege" means that if you're not in the white privilege class you have a BETTER chance of getting a loan

If you can prove discrimination you can sue banks for enough money to never work again

Discrimination in job performance? There's laws on the books that bar discrimination in hiring. There's a federal equal employment opportunity program. It has a program called ERACE - the Eradicating Racism and Colorism in Employment

How about college acceptance? Because of affirmative action an asian person has to score 230+ points over a black person on the SATs to get into the same college. Which means being black essentially gives you a head start in this capacity. You are not required to excel at the same level to get the same opportunity. These are affirmative action programs are specifically created to get ethnic minority students with lower scoring SAT scores into the building to create a mandated diversified environment

If a white kid scores 200 less than me but he grew up poor and I didn't there's no bonus points for him, so where's the privilege there?

How about police brutality? More white people die from police encounters than black people

police_shooting_by_race.0.png

What was the racial breakdown of those who were shot by police in 2015? The largest number, 494, almost exactly half, were white. 258 were black, 172 were Hispanic, and the remaining 66 were either “other” or unknown. (Interestingly, Asians are rarely shot by police officers.)

How about "Driving while black". More likely to be pulled over? The department of justice and the New Jersey attorney general did a study of how everyone drives. Blacks were 25% of all people speeding and 23% of all the people getting speeding tickets in New Jersey

In 1994 the Justice Department in many urban areas there's lower felony prosecution rates for blacks than for whites

If you do these three things you won't be permanently poor in the United States

1. Finish high school
2. Get a job
3. Don't get pregnant before you get married

Why is there more poverty in the black community? Single mother rate in the black community in 1960 was 20% and TODAY it is 70% - did racism triple in since the time where we made our greatest strides in civil rights?

This is true for everyone. White people who didn't finish high school , don't have a job and are pregnant out of wedlock are also more likely to be poor.

The fact that single motherhood is disproportionate in the black community doesn't mean whites are racist. It means something needs to change in our community. It starts with taking personal responsibility

The concept of "white privilege" ASSUMES racism without evidence

Nothing I'm saying is to contradict the obvious fact that racism has taken place in the history of this country but the notion that this is an ongoing issue effecting all aspects of life today and that we are somehow under the boot of white establishment doesn't serve us any good. This concept that we are somehow handicapped or at a disadvantage is only meant to further hold us back

Affirmative Action is a privilege . . the color of anyone's skin is not a privilege. The only privilege is for those select few elites invested in central banks

Facts don't care about your feelings. Take PERSONAL responsibility and stop being sheep

#WallyWisdom

Last edited: