Endgadget: Microsoft should exit the console business

Daps
In reality if they wanna burn cash trying to turn Xbox around that doesn’t hurt anybody or even show a noticeable blip on their balance sheet.
If they want to do this, and I am pretty sure the opposite is true, but if they want to, they can't have a guy running the show who just last year said it didn't matter how many good games Xbox had, it wouldn't get them beating Sony in the console business.

I would love to have reason to get an Xbox, but Phil Spencer is terrible. Worse than Mattrick IMO, even though I know you don't agree. At least Mattrick shepherded a couple Kinect games that people liked to completion. Spencer's internal game review had Redfall scoring in the low 90s, IIRC. He only understands what makes a good game when he's playing one on PS5 or Switch.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If they want to do this, and I am pretty sure the opposite is true, but if they want to, they can't have a guy running the show who just last year said it didn't matter how many good games Xbox had, it wouldn't get them beating Sony in the console business.

I would love to have reason to get an Xbox, but Phil Spencer is terrible. Worse than Mattrick IMO, even though I know you don't agree. At least Mattrick shepherded a couple Kinect games that people liked to completion. Spencer's internal game review had Redfall scoring in the low 90s, IIRC. He only understands what makes a good game when he's playing one on PS5 or Switch.

phil spencer can love playstation games but i can’t 😅