Enter the Dragon: Official UFC 175 - Weidman vs Machida Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Weidman is not a joke. Hes taking out legends regardless so for that he deserves respect. If he can go through Jacare and Rockhold, he is solidified in my opinion. Hopefully Dana signs page though. Even if he gets his ass kicked, he good for the roster.

Weidman has the majority of Silva stans going through serious cognitive dissonance :mjlol:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Weidman has the majority of Silva stans going through serious cognitive dissonance :mjlol:
Im a big silva fan so for silva to lose, i feel weidman has to show that hes a strong champion so when we look back on Silvas L we can hold him in higher regard for losing to someone who reigned as champion for a while. Im a jacare fan but hes to old to hold it down for a long time and Luke Rockhold im not really sold on after he got his soul roundhouse out of his body. Im rolling with weidman.

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really good card...

Main event was very good....Machida needed to take the center of the ring from the get go. I know the cage helps guys stuff TDs and helps guys wall walk after being taken down but the cage also can cut off your movement and can trap you on the ground if you're taken down....it all just seems like "pick your poison", to me. Dudes need to start staying in the middle of the cage against wrestlers...especially big, dominant grapplers like Weidman. His chin is ripe for the picking in the middle of the cage and you're equally fukked against him on the ground in space or on the ground against the cage, IMO.

Vitor must've been using that TRT for a good reason as an MMArtist so...I don't know why so many of you are certain that a TRT-less Vitor can beat Weidman. I don't wanna see that at all. Jacare's wrestling probably isn't good enough offensively of defensively. He'd get beat up, I think. Rockhold seems to match up well but I just don't really buy him yet. I think either a Machida rematch or Yoel Romero after he shines in 2 or 3 more fights are Weidman's toughest fights @ '85.

I'm so glad Rhonda's hand injury derailed that "fight again next month" nonsense...they're really tryna burn her out fast. And who would she have fought anyway? :mjlol: When is Zingano scheduled to come back?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Anyone watching the TUF Finale tonight? Prelims have started.

I thought the Penn/Edgar fight was :camby: but I am kind of intruige now. I heard Penn was walking around at 150lb weeks before weigh in. He seems to be really focused and motivated for this fight.

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Penn looked GREAT at the weigh ins....cut up and healthy. Frankie looked big and muscular...both these dudes are ready for was tonight....I hope.

Eddie Gordon, on the other hand, looks....HORRIBLE...a lot flabbier and less muscular....but he was too muscled anyway...maybe this is a good thing. :manny:

Change

All Star
Daps
Martins is good. Hopefully Joe Silva gives him a good fight next time.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@krackdagawd What do 6 of 9 UFC Champions have in common? :dwillhuh:

CainVelasquez_Headshot.png
PHP483213B574414.jpg

JonJones_Headshot.png
Jon-Jones-4Time-257x300.jpg

ChrisWeidman_HeadshotBelt.png
image.JPG

JohnyHendricks_Belt_Headshot.png
hendricksncaa.jpg

TJDillashaw_Belt_Headshot.png
tj-dillashaw.jpg

DemetriousJohnson_HeadshotBelt.png
*Couldn't find a picture of my dude Mighty Mouse wrestling or in a singlet but you get the point

USA%20Wrestling%20Logo.png

#USAWrestling

:ktf:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:to: I legit was bummed that machida lost that's my favorite fighter

Chris Weidman made me a believer tho he's fukking legit
I dont know it seems with youth and a wrestling base you can go far in todays mw/lhw divisions where the contenders are dinosaurs that have been in competition since the 90s. Everyone wants to say what weidman did last night solidified him as that dude when his opponent also has "losses" to a :flabbynsick: rampage & davis :manny: