Epic Games allegedly hacked

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

A relative newcomer to the ransomware scene is claiming to have successfully hacked game developer and distributor Epic Games.

The Mogilevich gang made the claim overnight, posting the details of the apparent hack on its darknet leak site.

“We have quietly carried out an attack to [sic] Epic Games’ servers,” a Mogilevich spokesperson said.

The gang claims to have 189 gigabytes of data, including “email, passwords, full name, payment information, source code and many other data”. The data is currently listed as up for sale.

“If you are an employee of the company or someone who would like to buy the data, click on me,” a hyperlink on the site said. The link leads to the group’s contact page, where a Tox messaging address can be found.

Mogilevich has not asked for a specific dollar figure for the data, and the current deadline for Epic Games to pay – or for someone else to purchase the data outright – is 4 March. Nor has it posted any proof-of-hack material, as Rhysida did with last year’s Insomniac Games hack.

Epic Games is known for the phenomenally popular online shooter Fortnite, as well as older titles like Unreal Tournament and the Gears of War series. Epic also runs its own online storefront – the Epic Games Store – selling the games of other developers and publishers.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I put "allegedly" in the title. said "first step is finding out if this is real". and updated the thread when it was confirmed to be BS

I didn't post "BREAKING: Epic Hacked!!! Change Your Passwords and Hide Ya Kids" :damn:

Should have put PAWG somewhere in the title. :ehh: