Eric Adams moves ahead with metal detectors in the NYC Subway

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I have lived in NYC all my life and I thought the turnstiles and doors had metal detectors within them until someone told me they in fact do not recently :francis:.

I am dumb for believing that NYC would be smart to add such a viable thing to improve mass public transportation security. All this time, you mean to tell me anybody could have did anything within the subway?:francis:

You Sure You’re From NYC? Sound Like You Grew Up In Disneyland

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I am 27 :dead:.

I don't know why but when I was a kid I thought after 9/11 they installed metal detectors within the turnstiles and the doors. I thought it was common sense to do that.

I never been in the position to ask about it for all these years, so it is what I believed.

r_85492_ejZB9.gif

silk scarfs

Banned
Daps
bruh imagine it being a long ass line to get on the train and then u got to empty out ur pocket and go through a metal detector lol. unoe nypd not guna search those homeless people with they whole lives in a shopping cart. they probably only put it in times square or sum shyt but i dont think it will ever work. should be way less policing and way more focus on mental health. too many bugged out people on the train.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Do they have police in the subway to enforce the shyt… it feels like nobody cares about hopping the turnstiles so I doubt the pistol totters will let this deter them :picard:

Daps
Bu bu bu convenience and civil liberty :umad:

no safety first there are far too many crazies :camby:

I went to on the metro in Beijing in 2016 they had metal detecting bag checkers it was no issue didn’t take as long as on a flight

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Remember a few years after 9/11 when NYPD had the table out at certain stations for 'random' bag checks? I was in Soundview & they were checking bags. Yeah, they were going find terrorist contraband out there. Nah, just looking for other stuff to jam you

I just walked to the next station. For some reason, they always checked me

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel like this is literally impossible to implement.

The cost would be laughable.

Every train station? And who is manning them? PD?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
No idea how you roll this out on a wide scale basis and would likely be on a pilot basis / select stations.

You’d need police at every entrance with a detector.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
You Sure You’re From NYC? Sound Like You Grew Up In Disneyland
I lived in ENY all my life, it's been far from Disneyland. I just never questioned that MTA shyt because I thought they would have had better security all these years. :unimpressed: