Eric Bischoff will not be involved creatively with SmackDown

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Ryan Ward is sending ideas to VINCE MCMAHON. You should know the outcome....

But wasn't he already doing that in 2016? It's not like he had complete creative control. :dwillhuh:

People were blaming Road Dogg for destroying SmackDown in 2017 but he was also sending ideas to Vince. And Vince has always been a little more hands off with SmackDown, so what's the difference between then and now?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
But wasn't he already doing that in 2016? It's not like he had complete creative control. :dwillhuh:

People were blaming Road Dogg for destroying SmackDown in 2017 but he was also sending ideas to Vince. And Vince has always been a little more hands off with SmackDown, so what's the difference between then and now?

Ryan Ward and Road Dogg after him seemed to have a bit more freedom until recently. Isn't that why Dogg left in the first place? Seems to be a lack of autonomy even on the B show now.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Ryan Ward and Road Dogg after him seemed to have a bit more freedom until recently. Isn't that why Dogg left in the first place? Seems to be a lack of autonoment even on the B show now.

Yeah, it seems as if sometime along Road Dogg’s tenture, SDL increasingly became Raw lite, you could definitely equate that to Vince having more of an input on the show cause for some reason Vince doesn’t want SDL to be better than Raw.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Yeah, it seems as if sometime along Road Dogg’s tenture, SDL increasingly became Raw lite, you could definitely equate that to Vince having more of an input on the show cause for some reason Vince doesn’t want SDL to be better than Raw.

Probably when they moved Becky to RAW and watered her down. "The Man" as originally presented was a huge take that to earlier criticisms on RD's booking. He had helped create the hottest thing in wrestling only for it to be taken away and cooled off. He lowkey might have been upset about Bryan dropping the belt too as that was another hot act created under his watch and there were likely bigger things in store for that run but Kofi was too hot not to strike. Just my theory.

But I definitely see him being upset about Becky, having SD! women's division sacrificed and possibly other little annoyances that became too much to bear.