Eric dikkerson says NFL Hall of Famers should get $300k a year

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Sad to read the comments here.
Here is a recent article about the proposed $ 476 million expansion of the Hall of Fame

The Pro Football Hall of Fame Expansion Project Hits the Skids

Y'all dudes really don't understand the business of sports. The engine drawing current fans to the HOF museum & fueling the expansion of this mega entertaiment complex are the HALL OF FAME players.

When these players were in college and the pros, they were being exploited but there was a tradeoff. In this case, the Pro Football Hall of Fame is just exploiting them forever.

Think about it.

Last edited:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
:manny: I'll guess I'll go against the consensus here and say it...the NFL doesn't owe them anything.

If they wanted more, they should have done their due diligence in research and negotiated a better deal.

You can't say that they owe you anything because they managed to make their business profitable with their own investment.

It's cold but that's reality. :hubie:

Besides, what'd they do with the money that they were already paid? Are they broke now because of all the mansions, rolls royces, champagne and caviar lifestyle that they were living in the 80s and 90s?

They should have put that money to better use while they had a chance instead of trying to live a lifestyle that they couldn't really afford nor did they understand that it wouldn't be there forever.

What they were making back then is pennies compared to what players are getting now....but it was still more than 99% of the rest of the population. That being said, no one should be "broke" now.

NOW, if I were Lawrence Taylor, Jerry Rice, Erik D!ckerson etc etc I would have started an LLC and had the NFL hire them as contractors to be ambassadors to do various types of work for them. That way they can actually negotiate a deal as a business and become profitable that way.

But just saying that they OWE them something is the wrong way to do it imo.

Last edited: