Errol Spence Would Bypass Hometown Fight For Danny Garcia

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence (22-0, 19 KOs) is hoping to make the first defense of his title this fall in his native Dallas. While an opponent, date and venue haven't been set, Spence is looking forward to the prospects of fighting at home.

In the sport of boxing nothing is every certain until a contract is signed and the fighters step in the ring.

While Spence is looking forward to homecoming bout, he said that he is more than willing to bypass a Texas fight if he can secure one of the division's big names.

spence-garcia.jpg

One of those big names is former two division world champion Danny Garcia (33-1, 19 KOs), who last saw action in March when he lost a twelve round decision in a unification showdown with Keith Thurman, who walked away with the WBC, WBA world titles.

Spence is very interested in facing Garcia. The two boxers are both advised by Al Haymon and fight under the Premier Boxing Champions umbrella.

"Everyone at home is behind me and supporting me and hopefully I fight in Dallas but if not, if a Danny Garcia fight happens or something like that, then I am willing to fight outside of Dallas but hopefully I can fight in Dallas in my next fight," said Spence.

As for the time frame of his next fight, Spence wants to step in the ring in October at the very latest.

"Hopefully I can fight in September or early October but hopefully it's September," Spence explained.

The 27-year-old 2012 U.S. Olympic captured his title with an 11th round stoppage of Kell Brook in May in a scintillating bout in Brook's backyard. Prior to the Spence fight, Brook's only loss had occurred when he moved up two weight division's to face Gennady Golovkin.

I highly doubt Angel will want this fight... great fight though, I consider Danny a better fighter to brooks.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I like this Spence guy.

After what seemed like years of the top young or premier fighters ducking each other or being advised to build their brand fighting lesser opponents, it's like a shift happened this past year with some of the fights we've seen and have coming up. And this dude Errol just gives no fukks and wants to hand out Ls to all lol

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I like this Spence guy.

After what seemed like years of the top young or premier fighters ducking each other or being advised to build their brand fighting lesser opponents, it's like a shift happened this past year with some of the fights we've seen and have coming up. And this dude Errol just gives no fukks and wants to hand out Ls to all lol
Blame pbc.

The shift u are seeing now is cuz pbc is basically being forced to makes these fights cuz they lost a lot of channels.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting to think the boxing community just wants to see Danny lose I'm not a big fan of his but let him get some comeback Ws before tossing him in there with Spence :picard:

They don't do this shyt to no other boxer.

What'd you say before Krack? Bodypunchers just like to hurt people. Spence knows Danny is Spanish rice.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like this Spence guy.

Yeah it's refreshing. He doesn't care about any sort of strategic matchmaking. He's like just put the fight together.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to think the boxing community just wants to see Danny lose I'm not a big fan of his but let him get some comeback Ws before tossing him in there with Spence :picard:

It's a title fight, isn't that what Garcia wants?

Whether it's Spence or Thurman it won't be easy

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

his dad is a punk motherfukka though..but the real shyt you said, danny needs an easy fight next then get onto something Big.

Last edited:

Mrdiaz1021

Rookie
Daps
Would love to see this fight, maybe after he takes a fight versus Berto or Porter to get ring rust off.

Swift can definitely hurt Spence and vice Versa. Would be an interesting matchup and gameplay for both fighters.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Blame pbc.

The shift u are seeing now is cuz pbc is basically being forced to makes these fights cuz they lost a lot of channels.

bingo! you can't pull the same bullshyt that haymon did in 2014 with showtime and think its going to fly on pbc shows on reg network TV..you can't coddle AND overpay fighters because it creates what..risk aversion..thats not how stars are created

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
PBC hasn't coddled anyone.
That said back on topic.
Spence vs Garcia would be a great fight, and if Angel really believes in Danny he would get this fight made ASAP, this is the best chance he has at getting a Thurman rematch