Erykah Badu Goes To A High School And None Of The Kids Like Her Music

Terrance Curtis Beasley

These ni*gas claim Top 5 but we OVOK
Daps
I disagree. Most of the older generation of adults today appreciated, revered & grew up listening to all types of R&B/Hip Hop/Soul/Disco/Pop music from an earlier period partly because we were exposed to it unlike kids/young adults now who have no real history of good/great singers & groups from the past .

Also we wouldn't have outright blatantly disrespected a famous, well known singer that came to our school to perform for us even if we didn't like their music or them personally as an entertainer.

The thing is, they didnt even know who she was. they probably thought she was a new artist or some shyt

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
why would kids in high school in 2016 know any Erykah badu songs ? Too big of a generation gap.. Not like she ever moved major units or her songs get any play now a days.. To be fair, None of those kids would know any Mariah Carey or Janet Jackson songs either and they were mega stars
She went to that same high school in Newark like 2 years ago and they loved her:yeshrug:I honestly think she just chose the wrong time for an impromptu performance...I loved Erykah Badu when I was in high school but if she interrupted my lunch for THAT teenage me wouldnt have been trying to hear that shyt either