ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
I was also surprised at how popular he was in the past. No wonder why this was the most popular trial in the 20th century....even to this day.

Bruh the shyt is crazy. I kinda got it because he was a 2000 yard rusher and had an endorsement with Hetz. I knew he did movies after his football career but this muthafuka was hyped like LeBron...hold on that shyt just came to me.

He shouldn't be compared to Jordan, it should be Bron because he was hyped before he touched the NFL, he was going to make money and be a superstar regardless.

What gets me is that I never took into account that the things he was doing were uncharted... I can't believe that they placed White people at important parts of the commercial to make it "acceptable"...dude seriously crossed lines.

This is a hip hop forum, we talk about rappers being able to "crossover" and get play on radio stations that aren't rap, or get endorsements they wouldn't get unless they "crossed over"... shyt Nike might not have fukked with Jordan if OJ didn't prove that a ******... (yes I said it...and im Black because that's what the said in meetings) could do it.

OJ did hella shyt to break barriers in America and it surprised the fukk out of me... damn shame he was an Uncle Tom ass muthafuka

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
OJ and Hoover :snoop:

Some of yall saying Nicole was stunning, to each your own, but I just don't see it :manny: Certainly would not have left my family for her.

Anyone google OJ's dad? The first image is of a drag queen :merchant:

Google needs to spoiler that shyt :damn::damn::damn::why:

As for this series so far, I was blown away by the early footage they had , from the Watts Riots , to OJ at USC.

I was born in '81 and I knew he played football but I knew him first as the sideline reporter at the Bills games on NBC during the early '90s. Then I remember having some friends when I was in middle school and one of them found his pop's old Playboy stash. Every other ad and nearly all of the advertisements that were endorsing black folks was featuring O.J. :whoo: From cowboy boots to razors .

Then came the chase , during the '94 Finals :beli: I watched the verdict in my 8th grade history class. It was one of those classrooms where you can open up the side wall like a sliding door, opening up for the English class to watch it too . 70% of the class was for a not guilty verdict, including the teachers . My history teacher was a Jew .

I still think his son from his first marriage did the murder and OJ took the heat to protect him; despite having a history of having a temper and hating Nicole .

I'm happy to say I've NEVER rented a car through Hertz :blessed: I caught what that CEO said about OJ not being seen as black because he had "white features" :mjpls:

:pacspit:

Looking forward to part 2 :popcorn:

broller

Veteran
Daps
Google needs to spoiler that shyt :damn::damn::damn::why:

As for this series so far, I was blown away by the early footage they had , from the Watts Riots , to OJ at USC.

I was born in '81 and I knew he played football but I knew him first as the sideline reporter at the Bills games on NBC during the early '90s. Then I remember having some friends when I was in middle school and one of them found his pop's old Playboy stash. Every other ad and nearly all of the advertisements that were endorsing black folks was featuring O.J. :whoo: From cowboy boots to razors .

Then came the chase , during the '94 Finals :beli: I watched the verdict in my 8th grade history class. It was one of those classrooms where you can open up the side wall like a sliding door, opening up for the English class to watch it too . 70% of the class was for a not guilty verdict, including the teachers . My history teacher was a Jew .

I still think his son from his first marriage did the murder and OJ took the heat to protect him; despite having a history of having a temper and hating Nicole .

I'm happy to say I've NEVER rented a car through Hertz :blessed: I caught what that CEO said about OJ not being seen as black because he had "white features" :mjpls:

:pacspit:

it wasnt a ceo but some film director i think

Looking forward to part 2 :popcorn:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Even after getting off oj was still canoodling and cavorting with white women :heh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Nicole was a drug addict , harlot with fake titties , scrrwing dudes while her kids slept upstairs

:what::camby:

Nicole was a dirty bytch but they will never tell people that, because they want the image of the innocent white woman being murdered by the big black monster. Ron Goldman was getting money from Nicole for his gambling & drug addiction.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I have been gone for a few days and haven't posted in this thread besides the op.

I was wandering was the perception of OJ Simpson was that he was a c00n? do you guys think the documentary made him look bad where it seemed that he only cared about his college football career when all that stuff was happening around him? If you were in his shoes would you have acted differently? I don't know much about OJ but I was surprised that it seems like he didn't care about those issues.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
I have been gone for a few days and haven't posted in this thread besides the op.

I was wandering was the perception of OJ Simpson was that he was a c00n? do you guys think the documentary made him look bad where it seemed that he only cared about his college football career when all that stuff was happening around him? If you were in his shoes would you have acted differently? I don't know much about OJ but I was surprised that it seems like he didn't care about those issues.

He didn't care and he was a c00n. It showed in that first episode. He wanted nothing to do with the "movement" and took a "PC" approach with it when he used the "I'm OJ" shyt.

I could care less what he did or anyone else for that matter but we have to call a spade a spade and talk the truth...he was a c00n and wanted to be accepted in that circle of Whites.

Would I have done the same...hell naw especially if I was in his shoes because if he had backed the "movement" it would have meant even more because just as bad as he wanted to be accepted them CAC's wanted him.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
He didn't care and he was a c00n. It showed in that first episode. He wanted nothing to do with the "movement" and took a "PC" approach with it when he used the "I'm OJ" shyt.

I could care less what he did or anyone else for that matter but we have to call a spade a spade and talk the truth...he was a c00n and wanted to be accepted in that circle of Whites.

Would I have done the same...hell naw especially if I was in his shoes because if he had backed the "movement" it would have meant even more because just as bad as he wanted to be accepted them CAC's wanted him.

Thanks for clarifying!

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
OJ is such a conflicting character. I don't know what to think of him. You can see the director setting up the ironic narrative of "America's favorite nikka", killing two white people and getting away with it. It's like poetry in motion. You couldn't make it up if you wanted to. His one childhood friend kept it funky, especially in the tennis court in Rob Kardashian's mansion. OJ was fukking delusional. The Hollywood life really fukked him up and it's still fukking people up to this day. You'd think his childhood friends would of kept him grounded but he was so hell bent on being accepted by white people. I also so see many parallels from back then to now. Some shyt never changes. It's disgusting to me how oblivious white people really are. You had to sell your soul to make them comfortable being around someone so different from themselves.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
OJ is such a conflicting character. I don't know what to think of him. You can see the director setting up the ironic narrative of "America's favorite nikka", killing two white people and getting away with it. It's like poetry in motion. You couldn't make it up if you wanted to. His one childhood friend kept it funky, especially in the tennis court in Rob Kardashian's mansion. OJ was fukking delusional. The Hollywood life really fukked him up and it's still fukking people up to this day. You'd think his childhood friends would of kept him grounded but he was so hell bent on being accepted by white people. I also so see many parallels from back then to now. Some shyt never changes. It's disgusting to me how oblivious white people really are. You had to sell your soul to make them comfortable being around someone so different from themselves.

Do you think in order to become successful like OJ one has to do what he did? Look at people like Kevin Hart for example. To be famous and rich do you have to go that route?