[ESPN] Punk's UFC debut: SSeth & Rybotch give him props + Brock dares him to say something stupid

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
:usure: Ryback was still throwing little passive aggressive shots at Punk every week all the way up until he was taken off TV, meanwhile Punk hasnt mentioned or thought about Ryback since the podcast.
I think that was more his frustration with the company than anything else. But all i remember is him mimmicking Punk's entrance once and responding to Punk's podcast.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are a ton of motherfukk3rs who are not positioned or given this payday in mma that are much better and have been overlooked. I mean..get real.
The UFC is supposed to be the NFL and he sidestepped alot of people. Same bull$hit he was crying about part timers just 3 years ago. Lol. Hypocrite to the core...all lost in the hype. Only winning justifies any of the special treatment.
Anyone ( as long as the age requirement is met I guess ) can get in the nfl so what are you talking about ? If you have the talent . He can't win until he has a fight so that makes no sense either . His complaint about the Rock was part timers main eventinh and winning titles - punk is a full time UFC fighter and he's not randomly getting an undeserved title shot Also punk can lose and put over a younger talent who "deserves" it while the rock came to win and then put over John cena . If punk wins fights and brings in ppv buys he "deserves" to be in the UFC

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
He's in that spot for a reason, much the same as Brock was hot shot to a HW title fight after going 1-1 in the UFC. Granted he had a background in amateur wrestling but his name got him there.

He was a former NCAA Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and had a college record of 106-5. Those are notable accomplishments on your resume if you're trying to get into MMA.

And I'm going to pretend that you didn't compare a once in a generation athlete to CM Punk. :scusthov:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was a former NCAA Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and had a college record of 106-5. Those are notable accomplishments on your resume if you're trying to get into MMA.

And I'm going to pretend that you didn't compare a once in a generation athlete to CM Punk. :scusthov:
Ok but wrestling doesn't = Mma , you need more training than that . Wrestling is just a solid base . I'm not saying punk is a lock to win but he has been doing bjj for years ( never took a belt ) and supposedly kick boxing as well,

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I think that was more his frustration with the company than anything else. But all i remember is him mimmicking Punk's entrance once and responding to Punk's podcast.
He mimicked Punk's entrance mannerisms and/or corner knee spot pretty much every match he had on tv until the end. Weird way to express frustration with the company by mimicking another guy that also left the company out of frustration and who didn't like the way you work.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
ESPN should've got HHH and Vince's opinion on Punk's soon to be debut.

"We here at the WWE would like to wish Punk the best at UFC 202.
HADzH0r.png
"
"CM Punk? Never heard of her.
a39e138597f397aab29f1e3e377647d9.png
"

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Wasn't a comparison of their backgrounds but Brock got the opportunity because he was WWE superstar. If he was just Brock Lesnar former NCAA champion do you think he would've gotten a title shot in his third UFC fight? He's all about money which is why he himself said he got into pro wrestling because UFC wasn't as popular at the time.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
I respect Punk for jumping in the cage at 37, but I loathe the fact he trashed the business and the fans that made his name reputable. Nonetheless I'll be watching.........