ESPN writer says NBA 3 pt line would have to be pushed back 2 ft to being back midrange and postups

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
fukk moving the line back, I'd be more open to making a 4 point basket on some rock and jock shyt rather than make 3's harder to make. I mean they rigged it so the fans could enjoy higher point totals and fukkkery from range, minus well go all the way with it.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Dame just shot a game winner from half court and y’all think moving the line back will fix this “problem”.

What happens when players adjust to the new line and start chucking like they’re doing now? Move it to half court?

Yeah , I could see dudes chucking 4 pointers or quarter court 3s like it's nothing :mjlol:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
or they can just get rid of the 3 all together.

the game has evolved. I don't like it, but it is what it is. I've made my peace with it. As long as people watch, nothing will change.
People aren't watching crazy like that though

concise

Veteran
Daps
Dame just shot a game winner from half court and y’all think moving the line back will fix this “problem”.

What happens when players adjust to the new line and start chucking like they’re doing now? Move it to half court?

The article literally says they should use the data and refresh the line annually so that the league average at the closest 3 point line is 33.33 percent.

Absurd. :dead:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m curious of what fans and detractors of this idea think the result would be if the current 3 pt line was disincentivized :jbhmm:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The game is the way it is because most big men suck.
I’ve been saying this, one domniant inside presence would likely kill this whole 3pt revolution

I know analytics say the 3ball is the most efficient shot, but ill take a guarenteed 2 points on a posession then to trust my shooters consistently to close out games. For every 6-11, 7-10 shooting night a player like Curry, Dame or Harden has there’s also that 2-9, 3-10 shooting night which can be more costly than you think

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve been saying this, one domniant inside presence would likely kill this whole 3pt revolution

I know analytics say the 3ball is the most efficient shot, but ill take a guarenteed 2 points on a posession then to trust my shooters consistently to close out games. For every 6-11, 7-10 shooting night a player like Curry, Dame or Harden has there’s also that 2-9, 3-10 shooting night which can be more costly than you think

So will analytics

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
They've always had the 3 point line from 67' tho?!?!?:heh: it's not the players fault they got good at shooting 3's... fukk it!!! :bryan: imagine how fukking boring the nba would be WITHOUT a 3 point line..
THat's the thing though, it's not like a lot of the players shooting them are good. It's that you have 30-35% shooters throwing up a ton of them because the math says that 33% shooting from three is as good as 50% from two. It leads to ugly games with a bunch of misses at times. I love the Warriors shooting the ball because you have three all time great shooters throwing up 3s. They rarely have their non shooters shooting like that. Houston's mentality I hate where it doesn't matter who you are just shoot the shyt.

I know the NBA won't change it because it adds more variance to games and means leads aren't nearly as safe due to how quick the 3 ball can change the game.

As far as the thread they really do need to expand the court even just a couple of feet and move back the corner three to start. Other than that I wouldn't be mad at moving the three point line back some to change the math so the average three isn't the more efficient shot.