European Journal of Social Psychology: Conpiracy Theory Not the Same as Paranoia

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
While casual use of the word “paranoia” has muddied its clinical definition, a psychiatrist would only diagnose someone with paranoia if that person believes that the world is out to get them specifically. Conspiracy theorists believe that small, powerful groups are out to get just about everyone.
:ohhh:

Sounds like y'all really need friends. :francis:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
WE'RE NOT PARANOID, WE'RE FEARLESSLY FIGHTING THE GLOBALISTS WHO ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER OUR MINDS WITH FLUORIDE IN THE WATER AND CHEMTRAILS IN THE AIR :infocrazy:
I'M NOT AFRAID OF HILLARY'S DEMONIC SPIRIT COOKING AND OBAMA BEING A SECRET MUSLIM:infocrazy:
WHY AM I SO BRAVE WELL LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS NEW ULTRA-DISTILLED IODINE FROM THE EARTH'S CORE GUARANTEED TO INCREASE YOUR LIBIDO :infocrazy:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Take your quips out on the European Journal of Social Psychology.

Take their peer reviewed opinion or leave it.
:sas1:

I really don't have any problems with the journal's conclusion. (I doubt anyone else looking at this thread does, either.)

I have a problem with using it as some sort of justification for irrational worldviews that aren't based in reason and evidence.
Or ones that only selectively quote peer-reviewed sources when it suits them (Example, the OP. :comeon:)

Also, I don't think anyone here is arguing that conspiracy theories are inherently untrue. There are several conspiracy theories that are very true, even though there was little evidence in the past (COINTELPRO, MK Ultra, JFK sleeping with MM, etc.)
What makes them true or untrue is solid evidence; the same as anything else.:kanyebp:

Lastly, allow me to state the most obvious point:
You can be completely devoid of paranoia and still have a batsh*t insane worldview. :stephena1:
Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean you aren't crazy.:panthersafe:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I really don't have any problems with the journal's conclusion. (I doubt anyone else looking at this thread does, either.)

I have a problem with using it as some sort of justification for irrational worldviews that aren't based in reason and evidence.
Or ones that only selectively quote peer-reviewed sources when it suits them (Example, the OP. :comeon:)

Also, I don't think anyone here is arguing that conspiracy theories are inherently untrue. There are several conspiracy theories that are very true, even though there was little evidence in the past (COINTELPRO, MK Ultra, JFK sleeping with MM, etc.)
What makes them true or untrue is solid evidence; the same as anything else.:kanyebp:

Lastly, allow me to state the most obvious point:
You can be completely devoid of paranoia and still have a batsh*t insane worldview. :stephena1:
Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean you aren't crazy.:panthersafe:

:laff:

Says the individual that believes a conspiracy theory with ZERO evidence that says Trump colluded with Russia...somehow....to hack DNC servers and voting machines and social media to overtake the 2016 Presidential Election.

You believe a fairy tale with no evidence.....yet come on this thread and think we forgot.....
tenor.gif

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Says the individual that believes a conspiracy theory with ZERO evidence that says Trump colluded with Russia...somehow....to hack DNC servers and voting machines and social media to overtake the 2016 Presidential Election.

You believe a fairy tale with no evidence.....yet come on this thread and think we forgot....

Cool story, bro :mjgrin:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
WE'RE NOT PARANOID, WE'RE FEARLESSLY FIGHTING THE GLOBALISTS WHO ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER OUR MINDS WITH FLUORIDE IN THE WATER AND CHEMTRAILS IN THE AIR :infocrazy:
I'M NOT AFRAID OF HILLARY'S DEMONIC SPIRIT COOKING AND OBAMA BEING A SECRET MUSLIM:infocrazy:
WHY AM I SO BRAVE WELL LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS NEW ULTRA-DISTILLED IODINE FROM THE EARTH'S CORE GUARANTEED TO INCREASE YOUR LIBIDO :infocrazy:
You forgot the one about memes on Facebook by Russians that helped steal an election for Trump. lol

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I think you might need to look up what Strawmen means. lol

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

Both of you misrepresented my views:

You forgot the one about memes on Facebook by Russians that helped steal an election for Trump. lol

Kindly f*ck off. :cambybp:

...And have a nice day. :stephena1:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

I wasn't refuting any argument you made just making a joke at your expense.
And take your own advice. lol

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

Nah nah nah :ufdup: you ran into your own trap....don't try to squirm your way out of your own wordsmithing.

The general article is about conspiracy theories.....which you basically denounced.

Then I presented a specific example of a conspiracy theory that you have been a thorough zealot for the past 18 months ...... and suddenly you trying to backpedal from your own words. :russ:

You're a full blown unapologetic conspiracy theorist @The Black Panther .... embrace it :mjlol:

To many receipts of you embracing this Russian/Trump Collusion Conspiracy Theory...like a boss.

Paranoid Much? :sas2: