Event Horizon was a real missed opportunity

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yea I still don't understand this thread but I'm here for the jokes and appreciation of a classic movie IMO. Not sure how TS was expecting a horror movie going in when the trailer didn't show the horror aspect until you watched the movie. The movie really disturbed a lot of people back then b/c of the swerve into how hard it went into the horror.

People were swerved by this trailer? It looks like a sci-fi horror movie.

Chad Warden

@mastermind pervs on 17 y.o girls
Supporter
Daps
This film also a wild remake of Disney's Black Hole :russ: I've gotta give that a re-watch

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Facts. I don’t know what kind of shyt OP is on but Event Horizon IS one of the greatest horror movies ever
Listen
I commented earlier this was one of my fav 90s lowkey cult favs that’s grown over the years
But let’s not begin to throw round the words one of the GREATEST HORROR OF ALL TIME bc it is def not. Potential was there for it to be. And I hope this whatever series that is brewing takes it there. Bc there’s plenty there to fukk with story lines galore.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
If you like the premise of the movie, many believe the concept was directly taken from Warhammer.

‘Event Horizon’ is still a classic for Warhammer fans - The Clarion

Ships that would travel into deep deep space would be susceptible to The Warp without the protection of a ships Gellar field. (fukk around in the Warp without protection and find out ) :lupe:

The Gellar Field Device emits an energetic, invisible force field comprised of unknown subatomic particles called a Gellar Field, which essentially maintains a bubble of real space-time around a starship travelling through the Warp using the power of its sublight drives after utilising its Warp-Drive to pierce the veil between the physical universe and the Warp.

Since entities native to the Immaterium cannot breach its boundaries to enter the physical universe except under certain very specialized circumstances, creatures native to the Warp are repelled from the boundaries of the projected Gellar Field.

Warp entities would tear the starship apart to reach and consume the souls of the mortal crew. As such, the field must be active at all times. For the field to work, the starship must be entirely sealed; no open entrances that would breach the field's protective envelope are allowed.

The weakening, failure, or collapse of its Gellar Field while a starship is transiting through the Warp would be completely disastrous, as was discovered by the crew of the Imperial frigate Eisenstein during its famous flight to Terra from the Battle of Isstvan III to tell the Emperor of Mankind of the betrayal of his favoured son Horus.

cedb4f4f5fc49c20c291b57ec91056317eaf6e23.jpg