Ever been ripped off by a prominent individual? - Update - It was Daimond John

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you're right He doesn't care about you. And you shouldn't care about him. All you should care about is what he can do for you. That what a business relationship is. You're there to be friends.

its not about "caring" I dont give a fukk whether that nikka "cares" about me

it was about the unwarranted blatant disrespect he showed me during that meeting

and that disrespect caused me to modify some of my behavior such as trying to see whether I could network

and it also provides context as to why the advice he gave me was generic

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah but that's neither here nor there

I mean, its common sense to get feedback from customers and all that shyt

now just because I actually havent APPLIED it yet, TILL THAT POINT

I mean, that's some personal shyt....maybe I was too lazy,

maybe I was focusing on other things etc....whatever

I mean, that's for me to deal with....

now just because I hadn't applied it yet till that point

I dont think it was fair for him to reduce me to a point where he felt like I was only

at the level where I was only worthy of basic advice

(assuming that your synyopsis of my meeting with him is accurate)

I think anybody that spends $2,000 deserves a little more then basic advice

even if you feel like the person who you are giving advice to is only worthy of that level of advice

and that's another thing, who are you (not you personally) to decide

whether someone is only worthy of certain advice after only a 30 minute meeting?

Well obviously the person who you decided to pay for advice and their opinion can decide what advice to give you. Thats what you paid them for. Whether you like what they have to say or not is irrelevant.

You need to have some basic data and specifics about your business before someone can even do a proper assessment. data like customer feedback is the key to answering your original question on how to get them to reorder. That's also why you got a general answer.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
W
its not about "caring" I dont give a fukk whether that nikka "cares" about me

it was about the unwarranted blatant disrespect he showed me during that meeting

and that disrespect caused me to modify some of my behavior such as trying to see whether I could network

and it also provides context as to why the advice he gave me was generic
What did he say to you that was out of line?

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
W

What did he say to you that was out of line?

he made a negative assumption about me

we was talking about crowdfunding and he talked about the mistake that some crowdfunders make, which is expecting

that the donations will start pouring in without engaging in a continous active campaign

and here's the kicker....and then he finished his statement by saying :

"which is something that you probably did"

.................ok :huh:

to some, that might sound innocent, but like I said before, if you are familiar with the first few seasons of Shark Tank

then you know he has a tendency to demean people

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well obviously the person who you decided to pay for advice and their opinion can decide what advice to give you. Thats what you paid them for. Whether you like what they have to say or not is irrelevant.

and I have the right to label it as generic and express my opinions with the public

especially if he decided to deem me worthy of only a certain level of advice after a 30mn convo

not to mention, he's not judge, jury and executioner

he doesn't "own" me once I paid him for his services

I shouldn't be completely at his helm just because I sought out and paid for his advice

You need to have some basic data and specifics about your business before someone can even do a proper assessment. data like customer feedback is the key to answering your original question on how to get them to reorder. That's also why you got a general answer.

ok you can chalk that particular issue up to him not having the right information

but everything else was generic

and he did have basic data and specifics about my business before the meeting...

I've said many times throughout this thread that they made me fill out a detailed questionairre before the meeting

Last edited:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lost my last $2,000 recently and it hurts still lol

I own a startup that sold allot of units, but I have issues gaining traction.

I recently came across some info that a famous entrepreneur (I dont want to mention his name)

who we all know, offers consulting for a few thousand dollars.

This individual is definitely a legitimate businessman. He's known by millions of people, worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

I was real excited to be able to meet this person to have a face to face meeting and was looking forward to the advice he would give me to grow this company.

However, the meeting did not go as I expected lol smh

All he did was give out common sense, generic advice such as :

"you should try crowdfunding"

"you should re-engage your customers that havent re-ordered your product"

"you should try facebook advertising"

And with these examples that I posted up, he didn't even offer me any unique strategies of going about it

Like with the crowdfunding for example, he just suggested that I go pick up a book on crowdfunding lol

Or with re-engaging my previous customers, he told me that I should send out a email to them offering them a discount coupon.

wow I never thought of that before :ohmy:

Man, after the meeting, I was in shock for a minute, like I can't believe that I spend my last $2,000 on this shyt.

I'm a dude that lives paycheck to paycheck smh

Anyways, you live and you learn
Consult with me I'd give you 10x the results than Damon for half the price....

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Update - It was Daimond John

As you can see by the screenshot, it's a receipt in my email box from a company called Game Changer$.

I think its his company, and he does consulting for people.

Meet Branding Consultant Daymond John for Marketing Advice | Game Changer Meetings

I decided to go ahead and post this as a learning experience for you guys, especially for all my struggling entrepreneurs.

If you've been grinding with your startup like I have for many years, allot of times when something positive and exciting comes along,

we immediately jump at the opportunity without thinking it through.

Everything that glitters aint gold. Besides the shyt that I already mentioned, the meeting itself was almost disrespectful believe it or not.

For all my people who been watching Shark Tank since day one, yall know that Daymond can be an a$$hole.

He fell back on that as the show became more popular, but watch the first couple of seasons.

I was aware of his assholish nature, but decided to give it a shot anyways cause I didn't actually think he would be an a$$hole towards me during the interview.

But he did lol. He didn't even looked like he wanted to be there lol. For example, he was looking out the window while I was talking LOLLLLLL

He even sneak dissed me during the interview too LOL He said something real slick to me too. I couldn't actually believe he said that.

And also, for all my goodhearted people out there. Remember this : allot of times we make the mistake of assuming that other people have the same heart as we do.

I'm a dude that likes to help people, and I was hoping that during the meeting that he would take a liking to me and decide to help me out.

I'm a Afrikan immigrant living paycheck to paycheck at a minimum wage job and I have been grinding with my startup for many years.

I need money and expertise to really scale this company and he's worth 300 million dolllars and didn't even decide to help me out.

He didn't necessarily needed to invest in my company but he could've ATLEAST helped a young brother out.

Like for example, I dont have the ability to mass produce my product, he could've atleast offer to hook me up with one of his factories connections, which he has many of.

How can you be a Black man worth hundreds of millions of dollars and sit face to face with a struggling young brother and dont even help him out?
Because he didnt believe he could eat off you

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Update - It was Daimond John

As you can see by the screenshot, it's a receipt in my email box from a company called Game Changer$.

I think its his company, and he does consulting for people.

Meet Branding Consultant Daymond John for Marketing Advice | Game Changer Meetings

I decided to go ahead and post this as a learning experience for you guys, especially for all my struggling entrepreneurs.

If you've been grinding with your startup like I have for many years, allot of times when something positive and exciting comes along,

we immediately jump at the opportunity without thinking it through.

Everything that glitters aint gold. Besides the shyt that I already mentioned, the meeting itself was almost disrespectful believe it or not.

For all my people who been watching Shark Tank since day one, yall know that Daymond can be an a$$hole.

He fell back on that as the show became more popular, but watch the first couple of seasons.

I was aware of his assholish nature, but decided to give it a shot anyways cause I didn't actually think he would be an a$$hole towards me during the interview.

But he did lol. He didn't even looked like he wanted to be there lol. For example, he was looking out the window while I was talking LOLLLLLL

He even sneak dissed me during the interview too LOL He said something real slick to me too. I couldn't actually believe he said that.

And also, for all my goodhearted people out there. Remember this : allot of times we make the mistake of assuming that other people have the same heart as we do.

I'm a dude that likes to help people, and I was hoping that during the meeting that he would take a liking to me and decide to help me out.

I'm a Afrikan immigrant living paycheck to paycheck at a minimum wage job and I have been grinding with my startup for many years.

I need money and expertise to really scale this company and he's worth 300 million dolllars and didn't even decide to help me out.

He didn't necessarily needed to invest in my company but he could've ATLEAST helped a young brother out.

Like for example, I dont have the ability to mass produce my product, he could've atleast offer to hook me up with one of his factories connections, which he has many of.

How can you be a Black man worth hundreds of millions of dollars and sit face to face with a struggling young brother and dont even help him out?
There's no friends in business friend

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
80 percent of this stuff is on YouTube for free. Yeah other 20, you're gonna have to pay for, but you gotta be smart with how you allocate the money you need to fund your business. No way would I pay someone $2000 for 30 minutes, when I'm just starting out. You could have read his book for $14.99