Ever use Kindle Direct Publishing?

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone ever self-published through Amazon or self-published at all? If so, what has been your experience?

I don't write fiction, but I've blogged as a hobby about my interests (movies, music, gaming, food, nostalgia, etc.) over the last 10 years and I've always enjoyed it. I see a lot of non-fiction KDP books out there and think maybe I could write something like that or compile and re-edit/revise articles from my years of blogging.

I don't expect to make much money from it, but it could be a fun and fulfilling side project that may bring in a few bucks from time to time.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
It's definitely worth it. You can make some bread, particularly if you build a following of some sorts with a podcast/blog/vlog/etc and offer freebies that lead people to your book.

I've done some self publishing and make decent money but really want to refocus in 2018 and build it as a legit income stream. Me personally, I'd publish on Amazon but also the other outlets like Barnes and Noble, Google and Apple just to grow your audience and money.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
It's definitely worth it. You can make some bread, particularly if you build a following of some sorts with a podcast/blog/vlog/etc and offer freebies that lead people to your book.

I've done some self publishing and make decent money but really want to refocus in 2018 and build it as a legit income stream. Me personally, I'd publish on Amazon but also the other outlets like Barnes and Noble, Google and Apple just to grow your audience and money.

how did u get visibility/market your self published books

i always wanted to get into this, being an amateur writer

i have knowledge in some very specialized fields as well