Everyone on the Warriors should owe half their salary to Wardell

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People have always elevated Klay. It's like people can see that Draymond is a defensive guy that's useful in Golden State's system but, they can't see that Klay is a shooter that can really excel because he's next to Steph. He's not asked to do much else and teams can't scheme for him as they have to spend so much effort scheming for Steph. We'd never talk about Klay if he played in Orlando with nobodies.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
You’ve gone way too far now.

Correct me bro, I’m not stubborn.

Does Steph have more responsibilities than a Lebron, KD, Kawhi, PG, Jokic, Giannis, CP, Harden, Russ? (who else would be his contemporaries in the last 10 years be?).

Dame is another one, but I would say his responsibilities are similar to Steph, but Steph is better. Was tempted to add Harden, but he has way more playmaking responsibilities than Steph and doesn’t come out of the game in crucial D possessions .

Not saying they are better, btw.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I don’t fukk with steph or the warriors at all.

But we seen steph miss the playoffs in his prime when klay was out. So Steph probably has 0 rings without klay as well.

Clearly all 3 compliment each other and needed each other to win
The fukk is this nikka talking about? :lmao

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Klay is the one that prob gets more praise than deserved, but before them injuries, breh was the actually perfect 2 guard for everything they had going on during the run. Played his role, could do enough off the dribble, would take Steph's matchup, never complained, didn't take insane shots, etc etc. This version of him that has no movement off the dribble, takes plenty of shots you don't like, and can't defend guards...peeee yew.

They did right by him giving him the bag, but that's a dude that a light years organization woulda had a replacement for by now. I guess that was supposed to be Poole but....

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
People have always elevated Klay. It's like people can see that Draymond is a defensive guy that's useful in Golden State's system but, they can't see that Klay is a shooter that can really excel because he's next to Steph. He's not asked to do much else and teams can't scheme for him as they have to spend so much effort scheming for Steph. We'd never talk about Klay if he played in Orlando with nobodies.

Nonsense. In his peak years, Klay was the #2 most closely guarded player in the league next to Steph. Teams weren't doubling off of Klay to guard Steph, they were doubling off of everyone else. And it's not like Klay benefits from teams being unable to double off of Steph, his release is too quick and he never dribbles anyway, so the defense on other players is irrelevant to him.

Did you not see the stats already posted in the thread? Klay is career 26-4-3 on 49/46/88 splits in the playoffs with no Steph. Take Steph off the Warrriors, and nothing about Klay's game changes other than greater shooting volume and less team success.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Does Steph have more responsibilities than a Lebron, KD, Kawhi, PG, Jokic, Giannis, CP, Harden, Russ? (who else would be his contemporaries in the last 10 years be?).
Outside of Lebron, yes. And using KD is wild because they played together and Steph was the engine on offense. Teams would rather have KD go off than Steph.

You have took it too far the other way.