Everything is a Pattern

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
Through observation and experience, I believe that everything in life is a pattern. But when I look this up on the internet, I get a bunch of information that involves theories using geometry and other math, that frankly, confuses the hell out of me. I just instinctively feel that everything in life is related to patterns, but I can't articulate it. I have never been good at understanding complex mathematical theories and physics, so when I read all this shyt about fractals and advance geometrical concepts, I get lost.

If someone understands what am taking about, can you elaborate more on this theory in layman's terms, or point me to some online resources that will expound on this in a way that I may be able to understand?

Thanks.

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Through observation and experience, I believe that everything in life is a pattern. But when I look this up on the internet, I get a bunch of information that involves theories using geometry and other math, that frankly, confuses the hell out of me. I just instinctively feel that everything in life is related to patterns, but I can't articulate it. I have never been good at understanding complex mathematical theories and physics, so when I read all this shyt about fractals and advance geometrical concepts, I get lost.

If someone understands what am taking about, can you elaborate more on this theory in layman's terms, or point me to some online resources that will expound on this in a way that I may be able to understand?

Thanks.
google.com
zDmjaUi.jpg

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
Life and the universe that we know is all Math and Patterns/Shapes.

Yeah, that's what I'm alluding to in the OP. When I Google this, I get a lot of complex mathematical shyt that I can't fully understand. I've never really had a good understanding of anything involving math besides the basics, so it's hard for me to decipher the intricacies of these theories when written in mathematical terms.

google.com
zDmjaUi.jpg

Thanks for responding. What I'm asking for is for someone to expound on the theory in words. I get it visually, and it's partly because I my visual observations that led me to look more deeply into this. It's just that I can't find anything on the internet to elaborate on the theory in a way I can understand. Like, I can't find literature on it in elementary terms, as if you were teaching a kid.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
if I get enough interest here I can go fukking DEEP on the role Mathematics plays on our everyday life. Simply put mathematics is life and I think if we had the ability to compute it, even our thoughts could be represented through a series of mathematical expressions. People are working on this now...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

What you guys are seeing in those pictures, is repetition through something called a magnified Mandelbrot Set:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandelbrot_set

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rössler_attractor

For example...what you think of as a snowflake can really be defined as a fractal (Mandelbrot Set). Different looking snowflakes have different values for their respective integers.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_snowflake

There is also geometry which explains dimensions...the tesseract for example explains 4th dimensionality.

tesseract-o.gif

So if I gather enough interest I will do my best to explain whats happening around us every day. I am an engineering student that has passed fairly high level courses Differential Equations and Advanced Engineering Math.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Ever tried DMT?

Ive partaken in the greatness twice. Both times I was brought to my FOURTH DIMENSIONAL OVERLORD THE TESSERACT! First time I was terrified it was just glowing on and off and moving through space at ridiculous speeds...Second time it changed its patterns and it seemed like time was bending inwards and outwards like space does.

Ive actually been thinking about getting a small tesseract tat.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
so basically OP I see you want some explanations but definitely start on youtube and watch some of the topics I discussed in generalities and if you have any questions post them up. Im gonna be smoking a large blunt tonight so I might not get to it tonight but Ill try to tackle some of them tomorrow.

also if you are just interested in learning some basic shyt check out one of my favorites...crazy shyt going on here

13356649.jpg

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive partaken in the greatness twice. Both times I was brought to my FOURTH DIMENSIONAL OVERLORD THE TESSERACT! First time I was terrified it was just glowing on and off and moving through space at ridiculous speeds...Second time it changed its patterns and it seemed like time was bending inwards and outwards like space does.

Ive actually been thinking about getting a small tesseract tat.

I'm actually a little envious of you. I've heard some amazing experiences relating to DMT and want to try it badly. I've heard that the hallucination only last minutes. Some people combine the DMT with other drugs to intensify the experience and make it last longer.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
yes it lasts for roughly 8-10 minutes although when you are warped through the time space continuum it feels like an hour.

also, if you ever get the chance and you can make your own...dont mix with weed or anything else. if you have a vape...use that...if not then use a bowl, smoke a cig and ash in the bowl...then place magical goodness on top. you are gonna wanna hold the flame further away than if you were smoking a bowl because that shyt heats up easily...wanna melt it.

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
I'm actually a little envious of you. I've heard some amazing experiences relating to DMT and want to try it badly. I've heard that the hallucination only last minutes. Some people combine the DMT with other drugs to intensify the experience and make it last longer.

I've never taken DMT, so I don't have any experience to compare with meditation, but I've experienced some of the effects associated with DMT through meditation.

I've experienced the Mandelbrot Set (which I've just learned what it was through the wiki link @StatutoryApe posted) many times during meditation. I just thought I was seeing random patterns that seamlessly flowed and never stopped. But after just looking at that Mandelbrot Set Wiki link and at a few YouTube videos, I realized that what I was seeing was exactly like the Mandelbrot Set. I just didn't have a name for it, and I didn't know that's what fractals were.

After looking at videos on the subject, and reading your post, I Googled Mandelbrot Set and DMT, and sure enough, there are links with people associating the two.

So personally, I have experienced this phenomenon through meditation alone. The patterns evolve at a rapid speed, seamlessly, in what would seem like an infinite time frame if I didn't stop meditating.

But like I stated earlier, I've never had an experience with DMT, so I don't know if it enhances these types of things on a higher level. But from reading about it, it does seem as if people have pretty intense experiences on it.

As well, I've read things about inter dimensional travel and different realms in regards to DMT, and from what I've read, those things can be experienced without DMT with things like Astral traveling.

I have had out of body experiences before, but never experienced Astral traveling. I would guess that you would have more control over those type of experiences by doing it naturally.

I'm not saying not to try DMT, I'm just saying that you can have similar experiences naturally, but admittedly, I don't know if they would be as "deep" or intense. DMT seems pretty powerful.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never taken DMT, so I don't have any experience to compare with meditation, but I've experienced some of the effects associated with DMT through meditation.

I've experienced the Mandelbrot Set (which I've just learned what it was through the wiki link @StatutoryApe posted) many times during meditation. I just thought I was seeing random patterns that seamlessly flowed and never stopped. But after just looking at that Mandelbrot Set Wiki link and at a few YouTube videos, I realized that what I was seeing was exactly like the Mandelbrot Set. I just didn't have a name for it, and I didn't know that's what fractals were.

After looking at videos on the subject, and reading your post, I Googled Mandelbrot Set and DMT, and sure enough, there are links with people associating the two.

So personally, I have experienced this phenomenon through meditation alone. The patterns evolve at a rapid speed, seamlessly, in what would seem like an infinite time frame if I didn't stop meditating.

But like I stated earlier, I've never had an experience with DMT, so I don't know if it enhances these types of things on a higher level. But from reading about it, it does seem as if people have pretty intense experiences on it.

As well, I've read things about inter dimensional travel and different realms in regards to DMT, and from what I've read, those things can be experienced without DMT with things like Astral traveling.

I have had out of body experiences before, but never experienced Astral traveling. I would guess that you would have more control over those type of experiences by doing it naturally.

I'm not saying not to try DMT, I'm just saying that you can have similar experiences naturally, but admittedly, I don't know if they would be as "deep" or intense. DMT seems pretty powerful.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs
http://www.reddit.com/r/DMT
http://www.reddit.com/r/Psychonaut/

http://www.vice.com/read/naturally-high-i-experienced-different-realms-without-psychedelic-drugs-263