Excellent Communication Skills

TheAnalyst504

Rookie
Daps
Does anyone have any tips regarding business communication?
  • Writing in a more "professional" manner
  • Speaking/Talking in a more "professional" manner
I suspect that communication is used as a tool to flat out limit brehs advancement in the workplace.

Let this thread be the place where we sharpen our tools.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Does anyone have any tips regarding business communication?
  • Writing in a more "professional" manner
  • Speaking/Talking in a more "professional" manner
I suspect that communication is used as a tool to flat out limit brehs advancement in the workplace.

Let this thread be the place where we sharpen out tools.

Your thoughts?
Let us first begin by communicating professionally via text message and on message boards. Maybe that will seep into our manner of speaking.

Let us also no longer use contraction words. Lol. We will sound more professional just by doing that. :manny:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Know the difference between commonly misused words.

There - Their - They're

To - Too - Two

Pronounce

Ask not Axe

Who to Whom

Only true snobs of English correct these two.

Learn when to use commas.

Most importantly, read. You absorb a lot of wisdom from reading well written books.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
In addition to what has been posted, I am going to recommend a book that completely changed my communication and comprehension skills. The name of the book is "How to Read a Book."

This book gives a thorough explanation on how to read, process and comprehend various types of materials in order "gain an understanding" and "come to terms" with the material presented. It is a book I highly recommend(it would have been helpful in school too). You can become a better communicator by simply using the techniques in this book to improve your comprehension.

Another technique that you can use(not much of a secret)....

Utilize a dictionary and thesaurus while reading and writing. Search for words using a dictionary that you do not recognize or/nor understand and use a thesaurus to find more perspicacious words to communicate your feelings and opinions.

Daps
In addition to what has been posted, I am going to recommend a book that completely changed my communication and comprehension skills. The name of the book is "How to Read a Book."

This book gives a thorough explanation on how to read, process and comprehend various types of materials in order "gain an understanding" and "come to terms" with the material presented. It is a book I highly recommend(it would have been helpful in school too). You can become a better communicator by simply using the techniques in this book to improve your comprehension.

Another technique that you can use(not much of a secret)....

Utilize a dictionary and thesaurus while reading and writing. Search for words using a dictionary that you do not recognize or/nor understand and use a thesaurus to find more perspicacious words to communicate your feelings and opinions.

by Mortimer J. Adler, Charles Van Do right?