Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

Excessively farting passenger forces American Airlines flight to turn around​

By
Social Links forYaron Steinbuch
Published Jan. 24, 2024
Updated Jan. 24, 2024, 9:50 a.m. ET

An American Airlines plane was reportedly forced to return to the gate due to high wind — a “disgruntled” passenger’s smelly farts.
The big stink over the flatulent flyer unfolded while a recent flight from Phoenix, Arizona, to Austin, Texas, was still on the ground, according to a viral Reddit post.
“Before most people had boarded, I observed that this man was audibly disgruntled about something, maybe hungover, rough day idk, but as soon as he sat down he was grumbling about something under his breath, like ‘f—ing hell’ or something,” user lamgalatx wrote.
After the majority of passengers had boarded, the man reportedly exclaimed: “You thought that was rude? Well how about this smell” — and proceeded to pass gas.
“(I don’t know) what provoked that comment, and while kinda funny to overhear, it was uncalled for especially coming from a grown man on an airplane nonetheless,” the user wrote.
But the excessively farting passenger’s gross behavior didn’t end there.
“The man who just purposefully farted moments ago decides to loudly and condescendingly say ‘Yeah, everybody, let’s just eat the smelliest food possible all at the same time,’” the poster wrote.

A “disgruntled” passenger aboard an American Airlines flight from Arizona to Texas reportedly went on a farting spree — forcing the plane to return to the gate.NurPhoto via Getty Images
“A guy in the row over replied, ‘If you don’t like it you can fly private’ to which fartman says ‘That’s so f—ing rude,’ and another person nearby chimes in ‘I think we’d all agree you’re the rude one here,’” the witness added.

At one point, flight attendants intervened and told the transgressor, “That’s enough.”
The plane was taxiing to the runway but came to a stop, according to the Redditor.
“An announcement comes over saying ‘Apologies for the interruption but we are returning to the gate, we will give you more info when we have it,’” the user wrote
“We get back to the gate and a flight attendant comes back and informs fartman that he will not be staying on this flight. He simply replies, ‘I don’t understand’ and she tells him they’ll talk about it off the plane.”
The man grabbed his bag and got off the plane.
“We all breathed a sigh of relief when he was removed, I think most ppl were on edge about what he may say or do next. The trip was only delayed by 15-30 minutes, so all in all I think American handled it swiftly,” he added.

The flatulent flyer was forced to get off the flight, which was delayed by about 25 minutes.AFP via Getty Images
Reddit users didn’t hold it in with their gas-related jokes.
“Maybe another flight was low on gas?” one person wrote

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
FM-comic-FCBDCvr-800pxH-WM.jpg

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Flying somehow brings out the absolute worst in people. I can not stand how people act in airports and on planes. Just put in some headphones, mind your business, and keep to yourself