"Facing Ali" - 2009

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
111FacingAliposter.jpg

Saw this a few years back and again recently.

It's always interesting to hear what fighters have to say about other fighters they've faced.

There have been countless Ali documentaries and films released over the years, but this one gives a perspective I didn't had before. I saw Henry Cooper speak... George Chuvalo, Ernie Terrell, Ron Lyle, Joe Frazier, Ken Norton, George Foreman, Earnie Shavers, Leon Spinks, Larry Holmes. What stood out was how each man had nothing but wonderful things to say about Ali, both the fighter and the man. Something that surprised the hell out of me was seeing Frazier shed a few tears when talking about Ali and his condition. Obviously, I had seen other programs where Frazier seemed lost in resentment toward Ali and that he would never forgive him. But seeing this was eye-opening. I loved seeing the video clips of the fights with all those guys, and how Ali changed over time. There’s also some cool stories about the opponents own lives.

Overall, a good refreshing watch and not really redundant at all

Truetalk

Banned
Daps
Funny they commented on his condition and they are the ones who beat the shyt out of him until he has Parkinson's disease