Fake MF Doom performing situation has happened again (Doom wanted more money)

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
aiyo, don't ever disrespect the god mc like that. don't ever put him in the same sentence or anything associated with mf doom. how ignorant are you?

:snoop:

I am afraid you are the one that's ignorant... Gza made one of THE best albums ever with Liquid Swords, and I even liked Grandmasters with Muggs alot, but other than that....

MF DOOM on the other hand: Doomsday, Vik Vaughn, Mm.. Food, Madvillainy, King Geedorah... The list goes on and on.

Now, Gza has my utmost respect for dropping a classic, being a member of Wu-Tang and being a real dude, but solo-album-wise, Doom's got Gza by a mile.

You need to :ufdup:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
lol @ Vaughn being anything to talk about that album sucked

none of his stuff aged well except Madvillian and that was because of Madlib, Doom's beats are basically straight loops with off beat drums added on. one of the laziest 'producers' ever

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
lol @ Vaughn being anything to talk about that album sucked

none of his stuff aged well except Madvillian and that was because of Madlib, Doom's beats are basically straight loops with off beat drums added on. one of the laziest 'producers' ever

:shaq:

Maybe you listened to the second Vaughn album, Venomous Villain? DOOM wasn't much on that one. I don't like that one either.
But the first one, Vaudeville Villain, is an undeniable classic. That is an album with a sick concept, great beats and dense lyrics. It's is almost impossible to hate on that one IMO.

You don't like beats with straight loops? You must not like Dilla too then? :blink:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
i love loops, just not when thats all you do and sell the same loop 3 times to different artists

your obviously a big fan, i used to be too, but this guy is not an all time great hes barely noteworthy. Operation Doomsday was a cult classic that has not aged well, and Madvillian was his moment in the sun. outside of that his contributions to hip hop are minimal

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Yes, it's fukked up... Doom was asked about the Doomposters around Born Like This. This was his reply:

That's what they're coming to see? Me? As the character? When I go to a show, I'm going to hear the music. I'm not going to see no particular person. I'm going to hear the music, if I can't see the motherfukker... I might be blind. Any cats that are coming to see me as a physical person, I can switch the actor any time. I'm not gonna play the part of that character every time. Like how actors changed through the Batman series, where it was George Clooney it switched like five (other actors).

People need to think outside of the box, Hip Hop is not just what you expect it to be. This is a growing genre, it's a creative field. So when you come to a DOOM show, I'm letting all the cats know now, come to hear the show and come to hear the music. To see me? Y'all don't even know who I am! There are certain times I did shows and shyt, I took a year off, and I went back to doing the character. I couldn't find nobody to do the character so last minute I said, "fukk it, I'll do it." I came back, did the show, lost a little weight. You know, I'm trimming down, watching my diet. I come back, do the show, sound was excellent. But as soon as I get off the stage, they're saying it wasn't me. Alright, it's never me. I'm the writer. It's a show. That's where it's getting twisted in Hip Hop. It's all visual. People want to go see the guy with the big chain who's bragging about all these cars that he has. That's where it gets twisted. This is music. Technology makes it possible for me to still do music and not have to be any particular place. I'm using all that. I'm using every aspect at my disposal to project my creative thoughts. Either people gonna get it or they not. But I'll tell you one thing, if you're coming to a DOOM show, don't expect to see me, expect to hear me or hear the music that I present. And it's gonna be a unique experience every time. So that's all I have to say about that.

See here: DOOM: Shadows On The Sun | Rappers Talk Hip Hop Beef & Old School Hip Hop | HipHop DX

:krs: :laugh:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So....what happens when DOOMbots or some other nikkas start going into business for themselves?:ohhh:

*burns playlist CD to memorize*

*schedules shows for next 5 free weekends*

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
Yoooooooo :laff: the way y'all keep addressing these fat ass humans with barely any resemblance to him as DOOMbots is killing me.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
i love loops, just not when thats all you do and sell the same loop 3 times to different artists

your obviously a big fan, i used to be too, but this guy is not an all time great hes barely noteworthy. Operation Doomsday was a cult classic that has not aged well, and Madvillian was his moment in the sun. outside of that his contributions to hip hop are minimal

Operation doomsday has always been better than madvillainy. He's STILL contributing to hip hop.

Pink Slime

known to go ham
Daps
Reppin
Nerf Cacalac

:childplease:

did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

how does a "cult classic" not age well? isn't that part of the appeal of a cult classic that u can always revisit it years later? smh

and u don't even mention KMD? 3rd bass? his work with de la? dangerdoom? cmon son

he's definitely made his mark over almost 3 decades. hiphop legend status

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
its not a cult classic to me, but i recognize that it is

i liked DangerDoom and his work with Jake One, but none of his old stuff does anything for me.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
New pic of the DOOM imposter:
doom-fan-mask-schiko-300x443.jpg%3F9d7bd4

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
'Originally the term "Doombot" applied to various different robots all created by Doctor Doom for various functions. The term "Doombot" was originally given to most of the robots created by Von Doom including the series that was later termed as Servo-Guards.[1] The title of "Doombot" was later specifically listed to only to his armored duplicate robots. The title of "Doombot" does NOT include his look-alike unmasked Victor Von Doom robots though these unmasked robots perform the same function of standing in for Von Doom when he deems it necesseary to be substituted.(Robots)'

Can't front, he stays true to his character...

"'Do a show at the same time watch it"