Family Business advice

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
I been tryna flirt with the IM game for over 2 years now. Sadly I never jumped shyt, if only I would have started something 2 years ago. who knows what I could have made form that shyt :sadcam:. Ay if yo bro fukk up where da application at a nikka tryna :eat: too :to:

This :ld:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

If you tryna do something I think the easiest way to get your feet wet is to create an ebook or something. If you dont know how, it can be outsourced for some dollars (Im currently tryna outsource one now) and you can either do the IM yourself or higher affiliates to sell for you.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
If you tryna do something I think the easiest way to get your feet wet is to create an ebook or something. If you dont know how, it can be outsourced for some dollars (Im currently tryna outsource one now) and you can either do the IM yourself or higher affiliates to sell for you.

Im tryin to work with websites, I want things that can generate a decent amount of revenue while I can devote some time into other stuff. Im not tryin to live off it, just have it for my play money :skip:
I've seen one of my nikkas come up from nothing off the strength of his website, dude has a house and a new Maxima.. Just turned 21 :dwillhuh:
All he does is get fukked up all day every day, dude smokes like Red & Meth and drinks like an Irishman.​

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I started out as an affiliate. I started a website/blog that I would post reviews for certain products on or just post in general about the subject. Made a few dollars.

Next I implemented an email campaign. I used my website to collect email addresses and solicited my list every week. That's when money really started to flow.

The main thing is traffic. You have to know how to drive traffic. Search engine optimization is a great and FREE way to drive traffic. Social media sites are too. Even forums like this.

But once you learn the skill of driving traffic, you can make a killing online.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
I won't lie, my brother has brought some good ideas to the table. Virtually any good or service can be marketed online. We used that fact to jump into a whole bunch of other stuff I thought I'd never be involved with. Legal shyt of course but still.

The power of the net. :ahh:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:snoop:

Where to begin?

I've been in business for myself for almost 5 years now. And eating well I must say. :obama:

So I get a call from my brother a few months ago and he's looking to get put on. Of course. No problem. That's my brother, and my only one at that.

But... :beli:

Here are some words to describe my big bro: Dreamer, schemer, con artist, slickster, shyster, etc. It's like his brain is constantly in :scheme: mode.

I'm sitting here trying to explain the business to him, and he keeps cutting me off trying to predict what I'm gonna say but the shyt he be saying have a bruva's face stuck on :childplease:

Like if I said "We can go door to door and cut people's grass." He would be like "Yeah and then we can rob em when they reach for their wallet!" :gladbron:

Well, maybe not that bad but you get the point? I run a legit business and I built on principle and morals. All this dude is bringing to the table is nonsense and fukkery TBH.

And on top of that, dude is pessimistic as hell. I have the blueprint laid out and the results to prove it and all this dude says is stuff like "Man I hope this actually works. My life is so fukked up right now. I need something good to happen. I hope this doesn't fail like everything else." :to:

:wtb: I'm not trying to hear that shyt, man. That's one thing I can't stand to be around is a negative attitude. It goes against everything I'm about.

I can't fire my big bro. But I can't tell him shyt either. Anybody with a big brother who's the oldest knows what I mean.

I just don't know what to do, brehs. :shaq2:

I run a business with my cousin,i couldnt and wouldnt go in with any of my direct family members..too much BS...Been there before,if shyt goes south and the money dries up its a neverending headache,at least it was for me...I like to take it back to the worlds colliding theory on this one...

"you have to keep your worlds apart"

Daps
Fortunately he's not really in position to fukk up to the point that I lose money. But damn this nikka is getting on my nerves. :laugh:

He's wasting my time more than anything. And I know if I cut him off completely he gon be hitting me up for a loan next month to pay his mortgage. He's "in between jobs" right now so... yeah.

I figure it's better to teach him to fish ya know but this dude is stuck in his ways. His whole thought process is just different. If you cut that man a check for a milly he'd be at kinko's trying to make a copy of that bytch. :snoop:

I might sound crazy but...I still think you're lucky. I always wished I had a brother. But you're doing the right thing, if you like them you give them a fish...if you love them you teach them how to fish.

Instead of giving him money you're giving him the chance to earn money, possibly lean the business.

props...:obama:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Im tryin to work with websites, I want things that can generate a decent amount of revenue while I can devote some time into other stuff. Im not tryin to live off it, just have it for my play money :skip:
I've seen one of my nikkas come up from nothing off the strength of his website, dude has a house and a new Maxima.. Just turned 21 :dwillhuh:
All he does is get fukked up all day every day, dude smokes like Red & Meth and drinks like an Irishman.​

yea that internet game is crazy if you take the time to just do it. Like Shuttlesworth said its so much you can do/sell online its crazy the options, just gotta sit down and focus on one. AS for websites its the same, if I were you if you dont know how to program and all and you got some money (couple hundred) then just get it outsourced, will save you alot of headache and you can focus your efforts elsewhere the actual marketing and seo

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I know everyone has different opinion on this but I feel that fam and business should be kept apart. Some folks bring work to the personal/off work life. When shyt gets sour:huhldup:

Couldnt agree more...

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
yea that internet game is crazy if you take the time to just do it. Like Shuttlesworth said its so much you can do/sell online its crazy the options, just gotta sit down and focus on one. AS for websites its the same, if I were you if you dont know how to program and all and you got some money (couple hundred) then just get it outsourced, will save you alot of headache and you can focus your efforts elsewhere the actual marketing and seo

:leon: something I'll look into, preciate it.
Im really trying to get into servers, thats pretty much a one time set up. I mean of course you have to maintain and do updates, but you're basically charging nikkas to use the internet :obama: Im tryin to come up off of some of those huge server decks.​

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Okay, interesting. You got a good business going. You have a brother who needs work but sounds like he can never get it together (no offense). You can bring him on-board and there's no way he can ruin the business, or can he partially ruin it in some way?

I have a sister-in-law who almost sounds like your brother. If I had my own business, I wouldn't hire her because she's stupid times 50. It's not a one time dumb life decision. It's multiple dumb decisions through the years; it just doesn't stop.

It's up to you what you decide.