Famous Hip Hop samples - 70s edition

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
This is a compilation of the best 70s Funk that ended up being sampled in Hip Hop!!!

Dennis Coffey And Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio (Used in many songs such as LL Cool J's Jinglin' Baby, Young MC - Bust a Move, Public Enemy - Night of the Living Baseheads,
Fugees - The Score etc)

Kool and the Gang - Summer Madness (Used in Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince's Summertime)

Seven Minutes of Funk - Whole Darn Family (This sample was reused in Jay Z's Ain't No nikka)

Funky Drummer - James Brown (This drum loop is one of the most sampled drum breaks in Hip Hop!)

Incredible Bongo Band - Apache (One of the most famous samples! Used on Jump On It - Early 80's)

Kool and the Gang - N.T. (Used in many songs including Q Tip's Breathe and Stop)

Lyn Collins - Think About It (The drums and the break were used in Rob Base's It Takes Two! 1988) (Fun fact: Lyn Collins was an affiliate of the late James Brown!)

B.T. Express - Do It Till You're Satisfied (Drums were used in Truth Hurts' Addictive and Beyonce's Deja Vu)

Bob James - Take Me to Mardi Gras (The breaks of this song were in a lot of songs)

Chuck Brown & The Soul Searches - Bustin' Loose (The famous "I feel like Bustin' Loose" line and beat was reused by Nelly)

The Soul Searches - Ashley's Roachclip (The break that starts at 3:35 was used in many songs, includin' Run DMC's Run's House, Eric B & Rakim's Paid in Full, Slick Rick's Hey Young World, P,M. Dawn's Set Adrift on Memory Bliss)

Bobby Byrd - Hot Pants I'm Coming (This break was used in many songs, including Big Daddy Kane's Raw, Spice Girls - Wannabee, I'm Too Sexy, Pump Up the Volume etc)

The Emotions - Blind Alley (Used in Big Daddy Kane's No Half Steppin, Mariah Carey's - Dreamlover)

George McCrae - I Get Lifted (This sample was used in many songs, including Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice, Notorious BIG - Respect etc)

80's edition coming soon!!!

@Gloxina @HarlemHottie @TEH @Samori Toure @IllmaticDelta @Amerikan Melanin @NYC Rebel @Ziggiy @UpAndComing