get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Andre' Leon Talley: I'm NOT "gay"

giphy.gif

Wow.
Which of the modern alphabet stew acronyms/terms would he be?

I read the linked article, and your first post in this thread answered the question to a hint he gave in the interview.

solved.png

Ross remarried in 1985, it's definitely her.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To everyone talking about him being a ‘token’ and mascot, I say this, especially having kids.... I’ll always support black folks in high positions, unless they on some self-hatred shyt. Don’t matter if people view them as “tokens”, seeing people that look like you in high positions is life changing. I remember seeing Diddy and LA Reid as a kid, not really knowing their background, and it pushed me to want to be a black exec behind the scenes.

also, I’ll say, you don’t know what he went thru or how vocal he might have been. When ur the only representation of ur folks in those offices, it’s a lot to endure. Trojan Horse ideals are key and might not help the current generation but those after....

edit: I’ll add, I will always take a meeting with my people for my job, regardless if I like them or not. More people in positions that make decisions is better for all of us, especially my kids. Again, unless they are some self-hating, non-black identifying individual, I will always try to do a meeting or find a way to work together, even if I know I don’t like them.

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
He was about to be evicted but Covid saved him from that embarrassment. Had he not died he would have ended up homeless.

The Dispossession of André Leon Talley

I’ve thought about this a lot. When he was on top everybody wanted his attention. Fashion houses, millionaires, and everyone in between. He was on top of the world. As soon as he lost his position they all scattered like roaches. It’s all smoke and mirrors, whether it’s fashion, movies or music. As soon as you are no longer of value to people they will leave you. It’s easy to say now he should have been about his business but I imagined that he thought it would last forever. Power does that. That why losing power is so painful.
paste that article can’t read it

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
COVID got him. If it wasn’t for the pandemic he probably would have had another 10-15 good years. RIP.