Fat Joe & Remy Ma - 'Plata O Plomo' (Discussion Thread)

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
you guys are trippin. This album is for the 2001-2005 nostalgia heads with updated production and mind you the commercial songs in that time were wayyy better than what we have today. Money Showers alone makes this album worth getting. At this point in his career Joe ain't going to be doing straight boom bap ny sh*t, you guys have proven not to buy those records, BUT he does give you that COMMERCIAL NY sh*t which is always APPRECIATED IN MY BOOK! I rather him do that than do what these harlem kids do (ahem, asap ferg) and sound like they from atlanta smh :francis:

This right here is meant to be whip music, summer time sh*t you can bump if you tired of that trap sh*t. I can def appreciate an album released in todays times likes this :wow:

We aint trippin breh.

Off 1st listen I said it was average, but then after a couple times of giving it another chance, it only got worse and more obvious that it was a cash grab. This shyt ain't memorable at all and will be completely forgotten by March.

Nobody said we needed 12 boom bap songs from these two, but god forbid these cats to make a couple NY sounding gritty street bangers (you know the shyt that they're actually known for) and not try so hard to recreate the same radio hit every fukking song.

These nikkas had a chance to do something big, but instead they just threw some shyt together. That's why I said this would have been better off as an EP.
Keep these songs

All The Way Up
Cooking
Money Showers
Dreaming
Never Forget

Those were the only tracks that were decent.
:camby: the rest of that bullshyt.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
For some reason I like Money Showers more than I should :yeshrug:

sh*t is soulful af breh, something that's been missing for years now. It has that classic ROC sound that everyone loved and in my opinion more songs should be like that, there's a market for that. Ty should just get off the trap ish and get on some sh*t like this cuz dude can def SANG!

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
sh*t is soulful af breh, something that's been missing for years now. It has that classic ROC sound that everyone loved and in my opinion more songs should be like that, there's a market for that. Ty should just get off the trap ish and get on some sh*t like this cuz dude can def SANG!

:ehh:

He did do his thing on that new Rick Ross joint too...another soulful smooth feel

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
you guys are trippin. This album is for the 2001-2005 nostalgia heads with updated production and mind you the commercial songs in that time were wayyy better than what we have today. Money Showers alone makes this album worth getting. At this point in his career Joe ain't going to be doing straight boom bap ny sh*t, you guys have proven not to buy those records, BUT he does give you that COMMERCIAL NY sh*t which is always APPRECIATED IN MY BOOK! I rather him do that than do what these harlem kids do (ahem, asap ferg) and sound like they from atlanta smh :francis:

This right here is meant to be whip music, summer time sh*t you can bump if you tired of that trap sh*t. I can def appreciate an album released in todays times likes this :wow:

Breh, shut the fukk up. If you like the shyt, you like it. You're a corny dude, who makes corny music. I'm not surprised you like this shyt :camby:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
this thread needs to be unstuck, the people who gonna listen/comment have done so. this shyt is below average and like someone else said, easily should've been an 6 song EP that came out last summer.

dude saying remy sounded off is bugging tho, she was by far the better component on this album. tho she's got that generic east coast female rapper delivery on every song :francis:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
Breh, shut the fukk up. If you like the shyt, you like it. You're a corny dude, who makes corny music. I'm not surprised you like this shyt :camby:

can't even put out an opinion without getting a diss on what i do :mjlol:

breh, you :umad:

if i like commercial sounding sh*t that is mid 2000 sounding then it is what it is :lawd:

this more than anything is a business album, ate off his unexpected hit single and decide to capitalize off it, i ain't mad at it :heh:

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
can't even put out an opinion without getting a diss on what i do :mjlol:

breh, you :umad:

if i like commercial sounding sh*t that is mid 2000 sounding then it is what it is :lawd:

this more than anything is a business album, ate off his unexpected hit single and decide to capitalize off it, i ain't mad at it :heh:

Your opinion on Hip-Hop ain't valid, no diss :camby:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Gave it two spins and gotta say I'm disappointed.... was expecting more from both Joe and Remy... they are better than this weak project.... only two songs I fukked with are spaghetti and how long.... Ahh well.. :yeshrug:

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
maybe im not getting exactly what peoples expectations were. b/c yea, the longevity and big singles were there but artistically, to me, fat joe was never seen as that great or special an artist.
...is there a feat. artist doing every hook on this? i think maybe if hed gotten 50 on one that wouldve generated more decent buzz.
...cover is horrid.

silk scarfs

Banned
Daps
idk about yah but this has no replay value for me

all these shyts sounds regular

the beats are fuego tho