Feedback needed ladies...

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
So today i put my 16 year old daughter on the birth control depo shot. For 2 reasons. 1 i would rather her be safe n protected just in case n 2 to slow her cycles down to every 3 months. she has really bad menstrual cycles so bad they send her home from skool she b literally sick throwing up n bleeding really heavy. Now i know she is not sexually active just yet but i want 2 protect her as best i can. When i was her age i already had my oldest son. I told her just cuz im putting her on bc im not giving her permission 2 start havin sex and no matter what always wear a condom when she does decide to do it. So..what y'all think ladies...

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
I was on bc shortly at 17 but it made my periods irregularly longer and they came around faster. I bled and spotted for two weeks. Two weeks later it came back. The doc said my body would adjust but I stopped taking them after 2 months of that.

Bc can slow her cycle but look out for any side effects until her body adjusts.

sanityovar8ted

Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
I was on bc shortly at 17 but it made my periods irregularly longer and they came around faster. I bled and spotted for two weeks. Two weeks later it came back. The doc said my body would adjust but I stopped taking them after 2 months of that.

Bc can slow her cycle but look out for any side effects until her body adjusts.
Thats the good side effect of depo u only get ur cycle every 3 months n main reason alot of females get it. But u r right depo is hormonal so we gotta watch out 4 weight gain n she already thicka than a snicker n acne breakouts may happen

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Is it healthy for periods to only come once every 3 months. Won't that cause problems long term?

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
She asked what would stop her periods and i told her depo but this was awhile back but when she recently asked if she could i figured it was a pretty good idea. Hell i wish they didn't know my tubes were tied or id get the depo shot myself
Depo WILL stop her periods. I was on depo for years, and didn't get it, and then I started missing it. wtf. But I will say she/ya'll need to watch her weight, because depo does cause weight gain. I personally only gained about 2lbs a year, but I know of others that have gained a lot more.
You could also look into getting her one of the 3 month birth control pills. I use one. You do get a period every 3 months, but it's a lot lighter/less painful.

I am also someone that has had really bad periods (vomiting included), so I'm not against teens being put on birth control for that reason.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I don't think the depo or birth control at such a young age is a good idea. It's a lot of issues with depo, if she gets off her period she will get clots that will cause severe pain. That is probably what is causing the pain to begin with. Teaching her about safe sex is more than enough. Continue to do that. She need to keep track of her period, take pain killers and natural remedies like ginger tea, primrose oil, and buy one of them heating pads for her stomach. I guarantee you if you do that before her period comes on she won't be so sick. Be careful with them chemical BCs. I know you just trying to protect your daughter, but just know it's options out there.

sanityovar8ted

Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Depo WILL stop her periods. I was on depo for years, and didn't get it, and then I started missing it. wtf. But I will say she/ya'll need to watch her weight, because depo does cause weight gain. I personally only gained about 2lbs a year, but I know of others that have gained a lot more.
You could also look into getting her one of the 3 month birth control pills. I use one. You do get a period every 3 months, but it's a lot lighter/less painful.

I am also someone that has had really bad periods (vomiting included), so I'm not against teens being put on birth control for that reason.
Nahhh bc pills r 2 much of a problem u hafta take them the same time erryday..nevermind i just saw it said 3 month pills but she like me n doesn't like taking pills but thanks for the feedback

sanityovar8ted

Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
I don't think the depo or birth control at such a young age is a good idea. It's a lot of issues with depo, if she gets off her period she will get clots that will cause severe pain. That is probably what is causing the pain to begin with. Teaching her about safe sex is more than enough. Continue to do that. She need to keep track of her period, take pain killers and natural remedies like ginger tea, primrose oil, and buy one of them heating pads for her stomach. I guarantee you if you do that before her period comes on she won't be so sick. Be careful with them chemical BCs. I know you just trying to protect your daughter, but just know it's options out there.
Neither 1 of us do pills pain killers or pharmaceuticals period.. She knows i preach about the safest sex is no sex. And when she does decide 2 finally become sexually active to always use a condom no matter the fact she is on depo cuz it's worse things out there than getting pregnant..she doesn't have clots just heavy bleeding n bad cramps n throwing up so much the school nurse sends her home...she is 16 n i honestly dont feel she is 2 young 4 bc. Her reason for wanting depo had nothing 2 do with sex and the fact she asked me lets me know she is definitely old enuf n mature 2 b on it..and i agreed because i remembered when I asked my mother 2 b put on bc n she was like no..i was just trying 2 protect myself n i was younger than her n ended up pregnant cuz i couldn't get bc by myself...im actually proud of her...i was on depo myself n even tho weight gain happens it is the most effective..she has a heating pad already n ginger tea n primrose oil is out of the question due 2 our living situation right now...id just rather her b safe than sorry....i don't want her 2 repeat my mistakes

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
If she made the decision willingly and properly informed then its good and practical.

I wish I had gotten such an option as a teen.

Some people have periods so bad that you are house/bed bound for duration.

I'd have loved that option as a teen and early 20's.

Fun Sized Psycho

Floating on tooth shaped clouds
Supporter
Daps
Neither 1 of us do pills pain killers or pharmaceuticals period.. She knows i preach about the safest sex is no sex. And when she does decide 2 finally become sexually active to always use a condom no matter the fact she is on depo cuz it's worse things out there than getting pregnant..she doesn't have clots just heavy bleeding n bad cramps n throwing up so much the school nurse sends her home...she is 16 n i honestly dont feel she is 2 young 4 bc. Her reason for wanting depo had nothing 2 do with sex and the fact she asked me lets me know she is definitely old enuf n mature 2 b on it..and i agreed because i remembered when I asked my mother 2 b put on bc n she was like no..i was just trying 2 protect myself n i was younger than her n ended up pregnant cuz i couldn't get bc by myself...im actually proud of her...i was on depo myself n even tho weight gain happens it is the most effective..she has a heating pad already n ginger tea n primrose oil is out of the question due 2 our living situation right now...id just rather her b safe than sorry....i don't want her 2 repeat my mistakes
If you want to go the "natural" route, try having her do pilates 2-3xweek. When I did pilates often my periods got really really light, and I didn't have any neg symptoms. (no cramps, no vomiting etc)