Female Security Shoots Man 7 times outside New Orleans library

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - A 23-year-old security guard was arrested and booked with attempted murder and other allegations Saturday (Aug. 5) after allegedly shooting a man seven times outside the main branch of the New Orleans Public Library.

Records show Kia Simmons was booked into the Orleans Justice Center jail early Sunday morning, about nine hours after the 5:09 p.m. shooting in the 200 block of Loyola Avenue. Simmons was booked with attempted second-degree murder, illegal use of a weapon, simple battery and two counts of simple criminal damage to property. Her bond was set Sunday afternoon at $282,500 by an Orleans Parish Magistrate commissioner.

AVOH6ZEEXZB23IR7AA4ZMBMCB4.JPG

New Orleans police said the 26-year-old man who was shot was struck seven times and remains hospitalized in critical condition. His identity has not been disclosed.

According to police, Simmons was “trying to get the victim to leave” the library, but the man refused “and continued to walk around.” The NOPD said the two “got into an altercation and the victim threw a rock at the suspect. The suspect pulled out a weapon (and) fired shots, striking the victim seven times.”

A video circulating on social media appears to show the man running out of the library with three people in pursuit, including the uniformed guard. The man jumped down a short flight of stairs, then picks up a rock or brick and hurled it toward the guard, striking her in the face. A series of nine gunshots then follow.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Well, I can understand her going on the defensive since dude threw a rock/brick at her, but shooting him 7 times is overboard.

Security guards at a library shouldn't really even have guns IMO, their job should be to call the police if a situation escalates. I don't agree with the murder charge, but I'd definitely agree with battery and maybe attempted voluntary manslaughter. Obviously dude who threw a rock is guilty of battery as well.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
that said, i don't get the media/coli obession with counting shots. If you shot somebody once, you might as well empty the whole shyt on them. the purpose of bullets is to kill, not to shoo people away. a person only firing once or twice is a either a john wick assassin, or their gun jammed.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
7 times. Clearly an emotional female with daddy issues that went overboard. One shot would have been enough and that might be questionable.

A lot of people with guns live in their own world with their own laws and that’s what makes some gun nuts sick.

Hopefully the man fully recovers and throws another rock at her

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Armed security for a library, was this the library of congress?
are there any books in there worth taking a life over? Do they have the original draft of the art of war in sun zu's handwriting?
Seems like a pepper spray or taser type post.

I've never heard of armed security for a library either...:wtf: also why she smiling in the mugshot???:dead:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
that said, i don't get the media/coli obession with counting shots. If you shot somebody once, you might as well empty the whole shyt on them. the purpose of bullets is to kill, not to shoo people away.

If she shot him once or twice, it could’ve been argued in court she wasn’t in control of all her mental facilities after being hit with a rock/brick.

7 times (including a pause in between) means she had intention to kill.