Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's 1 note vote so far...I want to hear the dissension so whomever that was, come on down

tenor.gif

Daps
The movie still tells a great story after all these years. However, for me the game actually makes my view of the movie more favorable than it prob deserves. All the back stories and in-depth look into the gangs thats just missing from the movie. Plus the fact Rockstar worked so close with the creators to make the experience a legit one.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've never understood why people think it's a good movie. It's fun schlock but nothing more.

Ahhh so it was you? Well allow me to retort homie: It's precision filmmaking. Besides being a fun movie, with a lot of style, a distinct voice, and an awesome soundtrack, there's nothing wasted. Every scene builds on the next, every line of dialogue has purpose, even the lines not stated. The scene on the subway when they're sitting across from the kids just coming from Prom says so much without saying anything. The fights are brutal and choreographed to feel extremely real, which is obviously a byproduct of having experts on set to explain how this stuff happens and how it would happen in real life.

And unlike a lot of other flicks where you follow a group of people getting from point A to point B, none of the obstacles in their way feel contrived or happen just because the script says so.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I would write more about the film if it deserved more then a tweet length comment and frankly, I'm almost disgusted that A) It was the first film up for this (whatever this is, I'm not really clear on it) and B) It's has more then 5 votes for it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I would write more about the film if it deserved more then a tweet length comment and frankly, I'm almost disgusted that A) It was the first film up for this (whatever this is, I'm not really clear on it) and B) It's has more then 5 votes for it.

:russ: I went with something that wouldn't be an automatic yes, so I'm glad you said no actually. I was going to go with The Godfather. But that's an automatic yes, at least in my mind. So why go with something easy out the gate?

Whole point of it is to have discussion on movies and decide by vote wha the film room thinks of them. Those flicks will basically be put on God tier status and unfukkwitable for all times

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
:russ: I went with something that wouldn't be an automatic yes, so I'm glad you said no actually. I was going to go with The Godfather. But that's an automatic yes, at least in my mind. So why go with something easy out the gate?

Whole point of it is to have discussion on movies and decide by vote wha the film room thinks of them. Those flicks will basically be put on God tier status and unfukkwitable for all times

I'm mostly playin'.

It's a decent romp but I think the influence is overblown. Yes some terrible rappers love it and small pockets of the internet aswell but I've never heard anybody talk about this film in RL but maybe that is a Europe thing.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm mostly playin'.

It's a decent romp but I think the influence is overblown. Yes some terrible rappers love it and small pockets of the internet aswell but I've never heard anybody talk about this film in RL but maybe that is a Europe thing.

Definitely a culture thing. It's a big deal in the States because most film geeks over here love Walter Hill