Final Fantasy XIV: Heavens Sward (June 23/PS4)

EnyceLowRida15

Anbu Black Ops
Daps
ffxiv_heavensward_logo_black_illusten__1_.png

Heavensward (3.0) is the first expansion pack for Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn. It is scheduled to be released in Spring 2015. Heavensward was first revealed in 2014 North America Fan Festival on October 18, 2014.

Heavensward will release on June 23, 2015, with early access starting June 19, 2015. It will be available for Windows, Mac, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

To access Ishgard, you need to complete all of the 7th Astral Era Quests up toBefore the Dawn (all of the Main Scenario Quests up to and including patch 2.55).

Features
  • New 8-player Raid, Alexander (normal and savage modes)- Will be released 2 weeks after the official launch of Heavensward. Savage mode will be released 2 weeks after the release of the raid.
  • 7 Wyrmkings to fight. 7 sons of Midgardsormr are central to the story. Dragons are Nizbeck, Bahamut, Tiamat and more. Bahamut's story about how he was summoned and captured will also be revealed.
  • The Dragonsong War - The bloody thousand-year conflict between Ishgard and Dravania.
Lore
Owing to schemes in the shadows of Ul'dah, the Scions of the Seventh Dawn have been scattered, and the Warrior of Light has been forced to flee North.

Through granted shelter by Lord Haurchefant, our heroes must press on to Ishgard. But what trials await in this reclusive nation, locked in a never-ending struggle with dragons?

Come what may, they must not falter, lest the light of hope be forever extinguished

main_story_txt_01_01.png

New Jobs:

job_txt_01_01.png

ss_darkknight_04.png

job_txt_02_01.png

ss_astrologian_03.png

job_txt_03_01.png

ss_machinist_03.png

NEW RACE
race_txt_01_01.png

ss_aura_01.png

NEW AREAS
map_txt_01_01.png

ss_ishgard_02.png

map_txt_02_01.png

ss_dravania_05.png

map_txt_03_01.png

ss_abalathia_01.png

EnyceLowRida15

Anbu Black Ops
Daps
small PSA of things to keep in mind for people getting the Heavensward expansion or getting the game for the first time. This is tailored for PS4 users (these are basically answers to questions asked within the game and from friends getting the game bundle this weekend)

• Regardless of when/how Heavensward was purchased. You will have no access to most features (including new level cap, mounts, and jobs) until you beat the "before the dawn" quest of the "before the fall" storyline. This applies to existing and new players, so if you were expecting to create a new character as a Dark Knight, it won't work.
-Early access codes MUST be entered by the start of early access. If you have not received an early access code from square Enix but have claimed your pre order of a physical copy, contact their support. If you pre ordered from PSN store, your early access was automatically granted.

-For those that are starting the game with the bundle purchase, be aware you will need to have installed the client to access A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, so if your copy has not arrived by Friday you will not have access to early access (which shouldn't matter too much since it's almost impossible to do all story quests from vanilla to before the fall in one day)

-The entire game will be down between 2am Thursday to 2am Friday PDT (5am Thursday to 5am Friday EST). Make sure to fully close the game before this time to avoid any errors or issues with patching, even if you did not buy Heavensward or don't plan to. The massive patch adds/changes content for all players, including those without Heavensward.

-Purchase only applies to specific platform. This means if you have FFXIV on PC and PS4, or PS4 and PS3, and purchased Heavensward on PS4, you can only access Heavensward content (mounts, locations, jobs, levels) from the PS4. You will be unable to login on other platforms as long as a Heavensward location, mount, job is active as you logged out.

-Heavensward players WILL be able to play with people that do not have Heavensward. However their interaction will be limited to non-Heavensward classes, dungeons, and locations.

That's all I have for now. Of someone knows I said something incorrect or has more questions I may have the answer to, feel free to ask or correct me (I got my info from reading the SQUEX site and the preliminary patch notes as well as experience with pre orders for this game from me and friends)

HAPPY GAMING XD

EDIT 1: Many people say that non expansion players CAN play with Heavensward classes as long as it's not a Heavensward duty. Others tell me that you cannot. We will find out tomorrow.

EDIT 2: the new race is a Heavensward feature, so to clarify you need Heavensward to create a character of the Au Ra race.

EDIT 3: if you enter code for early access after it starts, you will not gain access. All codes will stop working once it starts as far as I have found out.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, this is expansion has made the game SO much better...the zones, the music, the flight system, the new abilities :wow: i'm about half way through the main story and i havent hit a wack part yet...the dungeons are dope so far...and the quests a good.

But MY GOD Soken went NUTS on this OST...every zone has a day/night theme, Western Coerthas is gorgeous even though its covered in ice and snow :mjcry: the first time you see the Dusk Vigil :wow:

Pifford

All Star
Daps
Haven't played in a long ass time. Worth a try? Honestly would have to be fire to put up with the extreme level of aspergers/social ineptitude the people I would always get grouped with exhibited. Got into a party finder thing where people were talking about which Naruto character would be more ticklish. Cancelled scrip immediately after

EnyceLowRida15

Anbu Black Ops
Daps
Idk breh I've been playing witcher and hardline. I'll set be hopping on soon though. Come to my world y'all adamantoise:mjcry:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Haven't played in a long ass time. Worth a try? Honestly would have to be fire to put up with the extreme level of aspergers/social ineptitude the people I would always get grouped with exhibited. Got into a party finder thing where people were talking about which Naruto character would be more ticklish. Cancelled scrip immediately after
fukking weirdos Nah I usually get stoners :manny: