Finally A Democrat I Can Support, Alexandria Cortez

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps

im not mocking her [i know nothing about her]
i just know that you said "corruption" is your thing and not party
so this is interesting to me

which by itsself begs the question of what evils you would be willing to accept in a candidate as long as they were by your account "non corrupt"
:jbhmm:

dont answer though. its sunday and i am enjoying my family.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Correct me if I'm wrong but if the Dems can't get Daca done or they get it done along with that stupid wall then they're kinda fukked right?

Shutting down puts the blame on the GOP in my view. shyt the GOP did it over some dumb shyt and it helped them win Congress back :russ:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't pass DACA without a "wall". There's no reason to have this situation occur every 20 to 30 years. It's ridiculous.

I like this young lady however. She sounds reasonable, progressive, and good on the issues. At least so far.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
I don’t think any
Not worth doing that but also not a big deal if she does.

A while back Canada's govt was shut down & things were fine

I don’t think things will get bad if the government is “shutdown” over DACA . I think it’s bullshyt politians will shut it down over DACA .

This is one of the most extreme things you can do to go against a bill . Why waste it on DACA ?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
This is one of the most extreme things you can do to go against a bill . Why waste it on DACA ?

Democrats have had aframs in their pocket for 50 years because of the Civil Rights Act. Don't be surprised if Democrats are doing the same thing with Hispanics through DACA.

Last edited:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Still at it huh @Baphomet with these threads.....
breh I don't know who you are, but what's the problem with "these" threads?
Also if you don't like them why enter them?
I don't know why you mentioned me, what am I supposed to understand from "still at it huh?" as a passing by comment from a person I've never spoke to? I have no idea what you are referring to, I have no context.

Daps
Democrats got aframs in their pocket for 50 years because of the Civil Rights Act. Don't be surprised if Democrats are doing the same thing with Hispanics through DACA.

Not if they give in to trumps demands. A detail being missed in the media is that the DACA bill trump envisions would come with age caps and entry date requirements so it doesnt actually cover ALL childhood arrivals/dreamers, just some in a very narrow window of eligibility that already had DACA and plus they want to change family reunification to legalize a very small group that wont even be able to vote until long after Trump is dead. Think about how many potential new voters democrats can get EVERY YEAR due to family reunification just from New York and California alone. Unless the Democrats are blatantly stupid, they wont trade that for a small group when the issue of family reunification aka "chain migration" is really a bargaining chip to be used for comprehensive immigration reform. Nobody trades a farm for a few chickens. English speaking media doesnt really pick up on this but spanish language media does.

edit: just took a look at the wiki page and 74% of all new immigrants to the U.S every year is through family reunification, thats why the republicans are so obsessed with it and why the democrats would be fukking morons to even use that as a bargaining chip.

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Not if they give in to trumps demands. A detail being missed in the media is that the DACA bill trump envisions would come with age caps and entry date requirements so it doesnt actually cover ALL childhood arrivals/dreamers, just some in a very narrow window of eligibility that already had DACA and plus they want to change family reunification to legalize a very small group that wont even be able to vote until long after Trump is dead. Think about how many potential new voters democrats can get EVERY YEAR due to family reunification just from New York and California alone. Unless the Democrats are blatantly stupid, they wont trade that for a small group when the issue of family reunification aka "chain migration" is really a bargaining chip to be used for comprehensive immigration reform. Nobody trades a farm for a few chickens. English speaking media doesnt really pick up on this but spanish language media does.

I agree. Which is why the Dems seem to be willing to shut down the gov't over DACA. Winning that fight especially if the Dems get their way will allow them to leverage political capital with Hispanics for years to come. Well at least, that's what the Democrats will like to happen. AFAIK, Hispanics don't always vote as a block. And from what I've heard, quite a few of them are more then comfortable voting Republican.

Daps
I agree. Which is why the Dems seem to be willing to shut down the gov't over DACA. Winning that fight especially if the Dems get their way will allow them to leverage political capital with Hispanics for years to come. Well at least, that's what the Democrats will like to happen. AFAIK, Hispanics don't always vote as a block. And from what I've heard, quite a few of them are more then comfortable voting Republican.

latinos arent as monolithic in their voting patterns but a CLEAR majority vote democrats consistently and if Democrats give away family reunification for DACA they wont win any type of goodwill among latinos. Republicans are not trying to get new latino votes, they are trying to prevent new democratic voters from coming in. DACA isnt the prize, family reunification is