Finally hooked up all my gear

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So after all these years, I've finally got everything setup. I have my mpc 4000, which has always been connected to my keyboards, all connected to my pc.

Might seem like a :why: thing but whenever I've made music, I've always went into my mixer and into the mpc only time I ever connected to my computer was to track out.

So for years, various features with every program (reason, FL studio, akai daw) they've had the option of using your devices as midi.....because a lot of my gear is vintage there has been driver compatibility issues and shyt, stuff I never wanted to deal with because fukk it I can plug in and make music and the reason I've always had hardware was because I never wanted to sit at a computer and point and click, etc. But when I first started I used a midi controller and reason. Since I worked in front of a computer I didn't want to come home and look at another computer so in 03 I bought an mpc 2000 then a 2000xl and eventually a 4000. So I went in today signed drivers that were made for Windows xp, and shyt, long story short I got all the shyt acknowledged by Windows and running flawlessly.

Now with the midi cables and using different channels in various daws, I'm able to trigger drums on the pads, switch channels and out put have the keys from my keyboard, and then a separate vst, samples, sounds through the daw.

Pretty interesting. I've been playing a lot of guitar and putting down some drums and make little jam tracks. Thinking of cooking something up, been a minute since I've been inspired. Don't know what made me set everything up today, but it's dope.

Last edited: