First Ever Kenyan Presidential Debate Live Right Now

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Odinga tells Uhuru "it'll be difficult to run government via Skype from the Hague" :dead:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
i think ghana had a live debate too, both examples of how :obama: 's election is helping to spread democracy in africa

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Unfortunately, live debates don't necessarily do much for democracy, as our own electoral process shows.

i have no idea what you are babbling about, live debates do a lot for democracy and are quite necessary in a modern democracy, i think the american electoral process is an example of that

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i have no idea what you are babbling about, live debates do a lot for democracy and are quite necessary in a modern democracy, i think the american electoral process is an example of that

So you accuse me of babbling and then proceed to write something that could have come from a middle-school textbook on American government? Ok. What's worse, you didn't even address my point. I said live debates don't necessarily do anything for democracy, not that they don't do anything or aren't necessary.

Maybe you can explain how Iran's live debates contribute to their robust electoral process?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
So you accuse me of babbling and then proceed to write something that could have come from a middle-school textbook on American government? Ok. What's worse, you didn't even address my point. I said live debates don't necessarily do anything for democracy, not that they don't do anything or aren't necessary.

Maybe you can explain how Iran's live debates contribute to their robust electoral process?

live debates contribute to the democratic process by exposing the voters to the candidates and for the pressure it puts on candidates to answer questions directly, wether it lincoln douglas or a live debate in iran, they both perform the same function and our necessary

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually enjoyed that debate. A lot of political issues, that are usual taboo or spoken to indirectly were openly discussed. Candidates being forced to answers questions on using tribalism for political support and Uhuru Kenyatta having to answer for how he can run while he's facing an ICC trial was also great.

The moderators did a good job and I thought they were even tougher on the candidates than the moderators of the American Presidential debates.

Maybe it's :obama: who can learn something about democracy from the Kenyans here and not vice-versa :leon:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I actually enjoyed that debate. A lot of political issues, that are usual taboo or spoken to indirectly were openly discussed. Candidates being forced to answers questions on using tribalism for political support and Uhuru Kenyatta having to answer for how he can run while he's facing an ICC trial was also great.

The moderators did a good job and I thought they were even tougher on the candidates than the moderators of the American Presidential debates.

Maybe it's :obama: who can learn something about democracy from the Kenyans here and not vice-versa :leon:

well obama doesnt run the debates, but sure, the us debate commission and us media can learn things from other debates in other countries, i wasnt co-signing the us debate commission as the real seems to be implying, but simply having a debate is necessary and a basic part of democracy