First Week Sales & Quality

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
First week sales only determine the momentum going into a project; not whether or not it is actually good.

idk why people are calling the buyers dumb because Views is lackluster, they didnt know before purchasing.

and on the other side of the spectrum idk how people are calling Views a classic from the numbers.

on another note, if there was no Meek Mill & no DRAM, those numbers wouldnt be like that.

on another nother note, Drake is doing his thing in pop culture; cant hate. But like KRS said, in terms of the writers/legends in this thing called hip-hop, Drake holds 0 weight.

I align this album/Drake now right next to 3 Oh3, Mackelmore or LMFAO. Its rap/hip-hop music but not for rap fans.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Another Drake thread :ohhh:

Nikka the album is not lackluster everyone around me is enjoying this album...I don't think it's his best work but it's good off my first two listens.

℃ertifed

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
First week sales only determine the momentum going into a project; not whether or not it is actually good.

idk why people are calling the buyers dumb because Views is lackluster, they didnt know before purchasing.

and on the other side of the spectrum idk how people are calling Views a classic from the numbers.

on another note, if there was no Meek Mill & no DRAM, those numbers wouldnt be like that.

on another nother note, Drake is doing his thing in pop culture; cant hate. But like KRS said, in terms of the writers/legends in this thing called hip-hop, Drake holds 0 weight.

I align this album/Drake now right next to 3 Oh3, Mackelmore or LMFAO. Its rap/hip-hop music but not for rap fans.
This album was amazing bro.

Drake just created the soundtrack...but its clear a lot of ya'll don't have movies to make to this :wow:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i hate drake and i dont listen to his music but i guarantee he would still sell big without the Meek beef. he's at the top of the machine. they would find another way to get him poppin.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9Mzkm_s-200x150.gif

the booth in one image

Mr. Negative

Nobody Complains But The Victims.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
first week sales indicate nothing but buzz.

First week sales being hailed as a sign of something being popular is nothing but whore behaviour.

Something picked up by impressionable young men who watch their moms trade food stamps for cash to buy knock off dooney purses from the beauty shop.

edit: with that being said, I didn't read OP and had no idea this was a drake thread. :heh: