Flint City Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know

City Councilman Eric Mays dies​

By
FLINT, MI – Longtime Flint City Councilman Eric Mays has died, the city announced late Saturday, Feb. 24.

“This is a tremendous loss for our community and a shock to all friends and family,” Flint Mayor Sheldon Neeley said in a statement. “As our community grieves during this difficult time, on behalf of Councilman Mays’ family, we ask that community members respect their privacy and allow them time and space to mourn. We continue to lift the family in prayer.”

Mays, 65, who was serving his third term on Flint’s city council representing the city’s 1st Ward, was known for his outgoing behavior and clashes with other city councilmembers.

The city said late Saturday that the flag at Flint City Hall will be lowered to half-staff in his honor beginning Monday, Feb. 26.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation. By using this site, you consent to our User Agreement and agree that your clicks, interactions, and personal information may be collected, recorded, and/or stored by us and social media and other third-party partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

scotch

Rookie
Daps
I'm shocked. I had just come across an interview Anton Daniels uploaded with him and I looked in the comments where people started saying 'rest in peace.' That caught me way off.

Even in his absence from the Flint City Council meetings it showed that the fukkery was still thick in the air. I was looking forward to his return.

The phrase "Point of Order" just won't ring the same.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
He had his theatrics but he was a strong Black man in politics and that shakes the system. Side note: Black men die too early. 65 is still relatively young in modern times.

R.I.P. to him.

Last edited:

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
Rest in peace