Florida condo owners are stuck in a 'train wreck' as prices drop and mounting insurance rates scare away buyers

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read some where the biggest danger to Miami is not sea rising but insurance companies leaving. with each flood it'll cost them more money eventually they'll be in net negative.
It’s a nationwide problem, we’ve lost the war against global warming. In 10 years only the super rich will be able to afford insurance

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It’s a nationwide problem, we’ve lost the war against global warming. In 10 years only the super rich will be able to afford insurance

This is the system of capitalism they built... they so stupid they have literally priced themselves out of having insurance...:mjlol:

EDIT: let me tell you i live in queens nyc and long island is wealthy white and very expensive because it's been appraised by nothing for having white landowners and house owners but the double edged sword for all that capitalism is that NOW property taxes have been kicking their asses so bad because it has gone out of control they can't afford to live in the town THEY created...:mjlol::dead:

Last edited:

jwall123

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Baudimore
Not sure that condos are affected too much by Hurricanes. Unless you're living in the first floor you don't have to worry about a natural flood. Problem with Florida is that condos don't have a mandatory reserve fund to help with regular maintenance and repair. There's decades of deferred maintenance costs. This is especially important for ocean side buildings as the salty moisture in the air corrodes concrete reinforcing bars at a faster rate.
We just saw how this played out in Miami. Surfside was littered with issues. That was only a few years ago.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
High rise life cost alot more and the insurance mat not even cover whats inside

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This wasn’t long ago neither
My grandfather went down there in 2005. I feel like the Jig was up about 15 years ago when the insurance, let alone the wind/flood/sinkhole coverage started exceeding the savings.

People been running to from FL to SC for a while now