Florida Students Must Learn How Slavery "Benefitted" Enslaved Americans..

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
yep the watermelon stereotype and the chicken stereotype are born out of this period. We were successful Watermelon and Chicken farmers and cacs didn't like it.
Yo can you post a link I find it interesting about this topic. I also heard from Tariq nasheed is that clowns were created by whites to make fun of black folks who came out of slavery cause their clothes were tattered and weather down. :leon:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Yo can you post a link I find it interesting about this topic. I also heard from Tariq nasheed is that clowns were created by whites to make fun of black folks who came out of slavery cause their clothes were tattered and weather down. :leon:

How Watermelons Became a Racist Trope

Fried Chicken Isn’t a Punchline—It’s Part of the Black American Story - Life & Thyme

“If you look at the historical roots of entrepreneurship of people of African descent, since they became enslaved people, [fried chicken] was one of the few things that one could multiply and sell,” says Babson College professor of history and foodways Frederick Douglass Opie. Opie, who says the economic benefits of fried chicken can be traced back to American slavery, says the sale of fried chicken was a form of freedom."

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
How Watermelons Became a Racist Trope

Fried Chicken Isn’t a Punchline—It’s Part of the Black American Story - Life & Thyme

“If you look at the historical roots of entrepreneurship of people of African descent, since they became enslaved people, [fried chicken] was one of the few things that one could multiply and sell,” says Babson College professor of history and foodways Frederick Douglass Opie. Opie, who says the economic benefits of fried chicken can be traced back to American slavery, says the sale of fried chicken was a form of freedom."

Thank you

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

At least Tariq says some things worth learning.

Look at the Afro wig. The big painted on lips. They just color swapped for modern clowns. But it's racist imagery.

Mickey Mouse is based on the sambo looking cartoon images.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Town hall to discuss Florida’s new Black history standards coming to Miami Gardens​

July 26, 2023

Manny backed out of attending the Town Hall. On some TLR/HL coward sh*t

Education commissioner pulls out of Black History town hall due to DeSantis pushback, organizer says​

WPLG Local 10​

Aug 10, 2023
Florida State Senator Shervin Jones believes it’s pushback from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ office that forced Education Commissioner Manny Diaz to cancel his appearance at Thursday’s town hall forum in Miami Gardens

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Miami Gardens' Black history town hall goes on without Manny Diaz, Jr.​

CBS Miami​

Aug 10, 2023
Hundreds of lawmakers, teachers, school board members and parents crowded into a Miami Gardens church Thursday evening for a forum on Florida's new standards for teaching Black history.

Last edited: