Floyd Mayweather to begin training 'soon' for MMA with Tyron Woodley; Dana White "It's Real"

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Floyd Mayweather to begin training 'soon' with Tyron Woodley

Floyd Mayweather says he will begin training "soon" for a transition into mixed martial arts.

The retired boxer confirmed to TMZ Sports he has been in contact with UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, and claims the two will work together in the near future. Woodley also mentioned the possibility earlier this month.

"I'm gonna start soon," Mayweather said. "We've been texting back and forth. We talked a couple times, so we gonna start working out real soon."

Mayweather (50-0, 27 KOs) announced his retirement from boxing following a lucrative bout against UFC star Conor McGregor in August. Since then, the 41-year-old has teased the idea of crossing over into the UFC on multiple occasions.

He would be considered a novice in the sport of MMA, but claims his skills are better than some may think.

"I can wrestle. My wrestling game is not that bad," Mayweather said. "On a scale from 1 to 10, it's probably a 7. And I think we can take it up to a 9 if possible. Of course, my hand game, on a scale of 1 to 10, is 100. My kicking game, on a scale from 1 to 10, is probably a 4."

In December, UFC president Dana White told ESPN the promotion was in talks with Mayweather about bringing him over, and took an adamant stance that the negotiations were legitimate.

"We're talking to Floyd about doing a UFC deal," White told ESPN. "It's real. He was talking about [boxing] Conor McGregor. Was that real? Have you heard Floyd talk about many things that aren't real? He usually tips his hand when he's in the media, and then that s--- ends up happening."

Mayweather mentioned a six- to eight-month preparation for an MMA bout. It is unclear whom he might face, should he go through with it. A bout against McGregor (21-3), a two-weight champion in the UFC, would seem highly unlikely for his debut.

Mayweather has previously claimed he could make $1 billion from a UFC deal.

"I haven't even started training yet," Mayweather told TMZ. "I'm in [Los Angeles], moving around a little bit. ... It's all about presenting the right numbers. Of course, they gonna present the right numbers and we're going to make it happen."

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
If Floyd does fight its gonna be some 1-1 trash can doubt he faces Mcgregor off top.....Know him and Dana is trolling though

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Woodley? getting the redbulls ready for fight day, lord knows I'm gonna need them :russell:

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
You should see the other thread in the coliseum where ppl think otherwise

I don't need that stress in my life :mjlol: same w boxing dudes think because pros make shyt look easy they think it actually is. nikkas don't understand the years of drilling and sparring it takes to be decent in boxing/wrestling etc n I don't have the energy for those arguments anymore :dead:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I don't need that stress in my life :mjlol: same w boxing dudes think because pros make shyt look easy they think it actually is. nikkas don't understand the years of drilling and sparring it takes to be decent in boxing/wrestling etc n I don't have the energy for those arguments anymore :dead:

Like the thread where dudes who thought TI woulda washed Floyd in a reg fight :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Floyd isn't entering a wrestling match
If he was trying to wrestle an Olympic wrestler you would have a point this is a fight

Styles don't win fights fighters win fights

Intelligence is why mayweather will win all his mma fights like I have already said in the past

The fact he uses Woodley he has visited mayweather gym for years training is proof

Woodley is a high level wrestler who doesn't even use his wrestling yo wrestle but avoid ground situations all together

Training to compete in a wrestling match is different than learning how to avoid ever getting into one which Woodley can teach him fairly quickly and Floyd will test methods to perfection before entering an actually contest

Most man fighters are trash glorified tough men let's be honest nothing wrong with that but it is

Jones learned mms from watching YouTube videos from his own mouth lol
And you think a mastermind like Floyd will have problems

James Toney is dumb let's just be real he tried to wrestle conture look at his posture he could be there an uppercut to and knocked coture out Shane noticed this as well

Not only will Floyd go undefeated in mma he will embarrass his opponents I guarantee

The end is here for the UFC this the cash out to pay back the new owners who are furious about paying this money Pitt business they got swindled by those brothers

Dana did not start cuffs boxing for no reason
After Floyd shows why mms has always been inferior to boxing it will fade to VHS freak show status where it belongs

Dana will be a boxing promoter he already trying to sign money Garcia