dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
What's the GPA requirement
No GPA requirements, they look at your whole picture

No specific order
1. Actions/ Activities you've done to mentor under represented minorities into the business world . I think General mentorship is fine there is a lot of teach for America folks..... With recommendations proving that .

2. GPA

3. GMAT

4. Work experience

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
No GPA requirements, they look at your whole picture

No specific order
1. Actions/ Activities you've done to mentor under represented minorities into the business world . I think General mentorship is fine there is a lot of teach for America folks..... With recommendations proving that .

2. GPA

3. GMAT

4. Work experience

Good looks. I just graduated from a top tier PWI with a ehh GPA. I'm thinking of doing this in a couple years. I need a break from academia

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I have but I've decided to put off getting my masters for now. I'm not even sure if I still wanna get one...:patrice:
:snoop:
Meant to tag you in this thread:

So I got my MBA in December and since then I have had 5 interviews

Never too late fam though, plus if you ever want to make your way to the west coast to fukk with ya boy(jk) or any other major city in general, just know that competition for good paying jobs is fierce.

After a certain threshold, unless you're an absolute stud in your field, a masters is mandatory.....

Good luck :salute:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Im studying for the GMAT now, ill probably apply to Stanford, Wharton, Sloan and Harvard. See what the financial packages are for Wharton or Sloan and if I get into Harvard or Stanford then ill take out loans. Depending on how these turn out then I will apply for the Consortium. I'm shooting for a min 730 GMAT does anyone have any resources, im studying the free route.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Im studying for the GMAT now, ill probably apply to Stanford, Wharton, Sloan and Harvard. See what the financial packages are for Wharton or Sloan and if I get into Harvard or Stanford then ill take out loans. Depending on how these turn out then I will apply for the Consortium. I'm shooting for a min 730 GMAT does anyone have any resources, im studying the free route.

I used Manhattan prep and just took a lot of practice exams to be honest. That's a solid set of schools.

I like Wharton, Columbia, Yale and Booth. Got a 680 first time I took the GMAT with decent, but no intense prep. My GPA is what's killin me though. I need to really beef up the other parts of my application. Ima need to sell the Nigerian angle if I want a decent shot. There's also the Dardens, Tucks, Fuquas and Ross's of the world which are decent as well.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah
I used Manhattan prep and just took a lot of practice exams to be honest. That's a solid set of schools.

I like Wharton, Columbia, Yale and Booth. Got a 680 first time I took the GMAT with decent, but no intense prep. My GPA is what's killin me though. I need to really beef up the other parts of my application. Ima need to sell the Nigerian angle if I want a decent shot. There's also the Dardens, Tucks, Fuquas and Ross's of the world which are decent as well.
Yale is number one on my list out of the Consortium schools, I kinda want to stay on the west coast though, but I want a school with world wide recognition, so I have the option of living and working anywhere in the world while making bank.

My GPA was decent but I went to a top 20 school, and will be working at a top 10 company according to linkedin's top companies list. I think brand is kinda big when it comes to MBA programs, so I am hoping that it will help me out some.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I got the kaplan books from the library, they have online test that come with the book, I can send you the site if you want to gain access you just have to type in a word from the book.

Edit
Go to
https://www.kaptest.com/booksonline
click the GMAT Prep Plus 2018, the fifth word in chapter 19 is from in lower case

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yeah

Yale is number one on my list out of the Consortium schools, I kinda want to stay on the west coast though, but I want a school with world wide recognition, so I have the option of living and working anywhere in the world while making bank.

My GPA was decent but I went to a top 20 school, and will be working at a top 10 company according to linkedin's top companies list. I think brand is kinda big when it comes to MBA programs, so I am hoping that it will help me out some.

I got the kaplan books from the library, they have online test that come with the book, I can send you the site if you want to gain access you just have to type in a word from the book.

Edit
Go to
https://www.kaptest.com/booksonline
click the GMAT Prep Plus 2018, the fifth word in chapter 19 is from in lower case

My father did Yale SOM and it's served him well. I'm particularly concerned about my pivot to Nigeria so I definitely have to be cognizant of name brand. At the same time, I do believe you have to make a do with your MBA. Within the MBA circles, Darden, Stern, Tuck are still known. It's to the layman that those aforementioned schools aren't known.

At least for Nigeria (where I'm angling) it's the entire profile that's for consideration.

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
Yeah

You can probably get into yale with a 700 or even 680 with good work experience

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins

Consortium app asks for your cumulative GPA , meaning all the schools you've attended combined into one GPA number.(hopefully that helps) . It also gives you the option of writing a secondary essay to explain your GPA if it is very low(i,e sob story or how youve mature etc) . A GPA that is trending up throughout your years is great also. i.e if all you did was chase p*ssy freshman year but you matured thereafter.