For all you lames, this is a real Mercedes Benz. 2 million miles

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
nikkas with trash taste diss you because you ain't got the newest. Buying AMG with a turbo 4 banger :mjlol:

The Highest-Mileage Sedan In The World In 2024

BYTYLER DUPONT
PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
Discover the remarkable journey of a 1976 W115 240D sedan, clocking an astounding 2.85 million miles, reigning as the world's highest-mileage sedan
Bring a Trailer

resize_1976_mercedes-benz_240d_dsc5385.jpg

SUMMARY

• The article shares the incredible story of a Greek taxi driver who drove his Mercedes-Benz 240D for 2.85 million miles, a stunning feat.
  • The key to the car's longevity was the ultra-reliable OM616 diesel engine and consistent maintenance, showing Mercedes' engineering prowess in the 70s.
  • Sadly, modern-day Mercedes-Benz sedans lack the same level of reliability as older models, as confirmed by J.D. Power and Consumer Reports.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Diesel engines has shown the ability to go for hundreds of thousands of miles. That and the cac has maintained his car to the max. You can do that with just about any MB as long as you’re willing to shell out the $$$ to do so, or have the skills and equipment to DIY.

Veteran
Daps
Diesel engines has shown the ability to go for hundreds of thousands of miles. That and the cac has maintained his car to the max. You can do that with just about any MB as long as you’re willing to shell out the $$$ to do so, or have the skills and equipment to DIY.

No the fuk you can't. New Mercedes ticking time bombs that will rot in junkyards. The engine, the turbos, and the electronics. That's not simple maintenance compared to the OGs

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
No the fuk you can't. New Mercedes ticking time bombs that will rot in junkyards. The engine, the turbos, and the electronics. That's not simple maintenance compared to the OGs
Besides the turbos, there is nothing on a modern MB engine that can’t be maintained and fixed. They don’t suffer from the same electrical gremlins that Audis do. This ain’t 2004 anymore breh, MB is at the top of its class for a reason

Veteran
Daps
Besides the turbos, there is nothing on a modern MB engine that can’t be maintained and fixed. They don’t suffer from the same electrical gremlins that Audis do. This ain’t 2004 anymore breh, MB is at the top of its class for a reason

I'm talking simple maintenance. The shyt on new mercedes isn't simple maintenance. The shyt on new mercedes means being at the shop weeks at a time.

For example on the m156 headbolts stretch, leak coolant and ruins the entire engine. The camshaft lobes wear out. The m157 gets scored cylinder walls, cracked coolant lines, and leaks oil on the wire harness. Gotta life the whole engine to replace the harness. There's many more things I'm missing. And I haven't even gotten into the electronics.

Meanwhile a diesel engine it's nothing but oil changes and a tuneups every often.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
must have been all over europe many many times, curious where he traveled

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
I'm talking simple maintenance. The shyt on new mercedes isn't simple maintenance. The shyt on new mercedes means being at the shop weeks at a time.

For example on the m156 headbolts stretch, leak coolant and ruins the entire engine. The camshaft lobes wear out. The m157 gets scored cylinder walls, cracked coolant lines, and leaks oil on the wire harness. Gotta life the whole engine to replace the harness. There's many more things I'm missing. And I haven't even gotten into the electronics.

Meanwhile a diesel engine it's nothing but oil changes and a tuneups every often.
Those are old V8 engines ::comeon: Not mass produced engines that they would put in C and GLC classes. Like I said, as long as you have the skills and equipment you can maintain your Benz just like any other old Benz. They key is getting the specialized tools that only the dealership has

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps

Zeke on point here. Had to get rid of two family amgs before catastrophic failure

Veteran
Daps
Those are old V8 engines ::comeon: Not mass produced engines that they would put in C and GLC classes. Like I said, as long as you have the skills and equipment you can maintain your Benz just like any other old Benz. They key is getting the specialized tools that only the dealership has

Mass produced V8s and V6s are bad too. :ufdup:

I was gonna get a CLS550 but luckily didn't have the funds.