For My College Brehs Did Y'all Like It? (What Did Y'all Go For?)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I went to college for comp-science at first, then switched to an IT Cert. To be honest, I didn't really like my experience at first :mjcry: Because I was bashful, now I'm outgoing at work :jawalrus: Anyway, what did y'all major in and give me some of your college stories.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I'm graduating college debt free,met and will meet more great people, and I am gaining great experiences. That's all I cared about.

Edie: I am in college for speech pathology. I can not become a licensed speech pathologist until I get my masters, which will take another 2 years.

Daps
Management it was boring as fukk and I still can't find a job:flabbynsick:
and I didn't get any p*ssy either while I was there

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Management it was boring as fukk and I still can't find a job:flabbynsick:
Did you network?

I'm graduating college debt free,met and will meet more great people, and I am gaining great experiences. That's all I cared about.
I'm gonna try to follow this here when I go back to college. I need to network at college and etc.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Did you network?

I'm gonna try to follow this here when I go back to college. I need to network at college and etc.

One thing I will definitely say is that it REALLY helps to know people. I may came off of as blunt and brash on here but I am very friendly, kind, and easy to get along with.Oh and I naturally smile a lot. Of course everyone will not like me, but I have formed some great acquaintances. I say it helps, because you never know when you may need something or find yourself in a certain situation. I once got saved from being in some deep shyt because I knew two people. It also helps to diversify your network because you can enjoy different opportunities. Just because you are in IT doesn't mean you shouldn't net work with people in the cooking industry, financial industry, theater industry, and etc.
It is always good to know people form different walks of life. It is a great help. Make sure it's a two way road and not a one way road.

Just join different clubs, attend different workshops and events, put yourself out there and you will start meeting a lot of people.

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
Only thing I regret is not going straight from High School. I never got to "experience" the true college experience cause I basically started dating my wife and got married in my second year.

:mjcry:

But, for what I did do, I love college. I went to a community college at first and that was chill, and now i'm at the University Of New Mexico for my Bachelors. I enjoyed the writing classes and now all the media arts classes i'm taking. I'm trying to get 2 degrees, a BA in Psychology and a BA in Media Arts.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Only thing I regret is not going straight from High School. I never got to "experience" the true college experience cause I basically started dating my wife and got married in my second year.

:mjcry:

But, for what I did do, I love college. I went to a community college at first and that was chill, and now i'm at the University Of New Mexico for my Bachelors. I enjoyed the writing classes and now all the media arts classes i'm taking. I'm trying to get 2 degrees, a BA in Psychology and a BA in Media Arts.
I went straight from highschool and it was a scary experience. You did right not jumping in.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Hated it.
It was like high school but with more idiots.
Started out in Computer Science and hated all the programming...transferred to Computer Operations and aced it all.
Only good thing about college was finding my first love...
Damn I miss that girl sometimes...but she's off California dreaming and I wish her the best....

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
Majored in Accounting, Minored in Econ

I went to one of the top business schools so I had tons of networking opportunities, and I most definitely took advantage of them. I got two internships & my current job through my connections from school. If, for some reason, I were to leave my current job, I could probably get a new job in under a week through my college & personal network.