For those of you with Therapist..

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
I was talking with a black therapist on my way to work, she’s seems great at her job & looks really good, but I didn’t get a comfortable vibe. So my question is:

How did you find your therapist?

Do you prefer a man or a woman?

Definitely considering one. Gotta be black tho.

:jbhmm:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I prefer a black woman.

My father is the most not listening, sensitive muhfukka on earth, so having the other side helps as I'm not big om getting advice from my mom.

Found mine talking random depression questionnaires.

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
I just googled therapists in my area and chose a black female with a good bio. For me it was important to have someone that could understand where I was coming from if I had racial issues that I wanted to discuss.

Being comfortable is definitely key since you have to be completely open to get the most out of the sessions. For me, hell I'm paying the bytch, she's gonna hear all my shyt lol

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
My only requirement was a black woman. I knew going into it that I could never talk to a man about more of my sensitive issues, it wouldn't feel right and it couldn't be a white person because I'd be dancing around what I want to address.

I actually had a phone conversation with my therapist before meeting her and that's when I cracked once more.

Her bio covered everything I was looking for. I believe psychology today is the site I used. You can set your location and profiles of therapists and life coaches will match your specifications.

You can do it, believe in it.

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
I was assigned a therapist as part of a drug program

I talked to a man and a woman, both were white though:francis:

Pretty good experience overall though, I would definitely consider a woman though...just more relaxing and comfortable vibe in my opinion

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Any of yall ever dated one of these Headshrinkers?
Worse experience of my life....always with the fukking "why"

I never would actually pay for that shyt, but since i had one in my bed may as well pick her brain right?
WRONG!
Asking all kinds of out of pocket post-sex questions that dont lead to more sex....or even have anything to do with fukkin:stopitslime: