For those who have a mentor...

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Watching this Tedtalk at work.

Do you have any of these people on your dream team? How did you connect with them?

Mentor
Sponsor
Connector
Point Expert
Close Friend
Coach

I'm a strong believer in your mentor/coach finding you. More so a trade off of some sort.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I agree with what she was saying but she didn't do a very good job of describing all the roles of the people on this supposed dream team. I am also a huge believer in the company you keep. Surrounding yourself with people who are thriving for greatness will make you want the same for yourself and the opposite is true. I would say that I have 2 people that I consider mentors/coaches/point experts and then two more people I put in the close friends/point expert category. I would say that we found each other more so than one of us found the other. I was happy to see her squad have some black folks on it because unfortunately in the corporate environment there are so few of us.

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yea, i ended up getting a mentor in the trucking industry, the another in the finance/credit space and am going to get another in the finance space in March. They market their mentorships, and if you feel like their information is worth it, you'll pay the fee to have access to them.

Some people dont like the idea of paying for information but i think its fair. Nothing in this life is free

It definitely makes a world of difference. They basically give you the blueprint and then its up to you to execute.