R&B Foreign Exchange - Leave It All Behind Appreciation

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Listening to this album at work and :ohlawd:

I remember when this dropped and folks were pissed because this was the first album where Phonte went FULL R&B and the album was a departure from the more hip-hop sounding Connected. I actually remember the first song I heard when I said "Tay really on this R&B shyt" and that was "Paper Chaser" by Playaz Circle lmaooo. But yeah, this album was beautiful, and the Grammy nomination was warranted

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was one of the many that bought this expecting a succession of Connected. I mean who wouldn't? That album is an emerald. When I got over the initial shock, I was very impressed by this album. Nicolay has always been a fool on the boards but the content was executed perfectly. Did you buy the CD? It came with the instrumentals. Nicolay is gold. I will admit that they lost me with Authenticity. I don't like that album save for a few songs. I haven't checked out anything since then.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
What's that one Foreign Exchange video (I think, maybe Phonte's solo work) where he's basically in a car for the whole time going through different stages of adulthood. At first he's in some beat up whip, then he's got a fly ass chick sitting shotgun, and eventually he's grown in a minivan with baby seats and shyt? Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I making this up lol

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's that one Foreign Exchange video (I think, maybe Phonte's solo work) where he's basically in a car for the whole time going through different stages of adulthood. At first he's in some beat up whip, then he's got a fly ass chick sitting shotgun, and eventually he's grown in a minivan with baby seats and shyt? Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I making this up lol

Promo video for Love In Flying Colors.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I was one of the many that bought this expecting a succession of Connected. I mean who wouldn't? That album is an emerald. When I got over the initial shock, I was very impressed by this album. Nicolay has always been a fool on the boards but the content was executed perfectly. Did you buy the CD? It came with the instrumentals. Nicolay is gold. I will admit that they lost me with Authenticity. I don't like that album save for a few songs. I haven't checked out anything since then.

Yeah I bought it. Nicolay has shown his growth and versatility production-wise on each and every project he's dropped.

Authenticity took me some time to understand, but it's a theme to the album, basically the before, during, and after of a breakup. Somebody on YouTube sent me a breakdown of it when it came out, I'll look for it and post it.

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
Just put this album on my playlist on Spotify.
A friend of mine wore this album out when we were
in Gatlinburg.

But I have always been a fan of FE

Last edited:

Freestyle Phantom3.0

Habitual Line Stepper
Daps
One of my favorite albums to listen to front to back. I wasn't expecting it to sound like it did, but it was still dope to me. That instrumental cd mentioned in the op was :ahh: