Former Prairie View president Ruth Simmons blasts the Texas A&M system over its handling of the HBCU

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
:scust: of course Texas is on some BS. Between this and the Houston school district takeover I see a bad pattern forming as far as their attitudes towards letting Black folks choose their educational leaders is going.
Unfortunately that racist paternalist element exists in governing bodies around the country. In some cities and states it rears its fangs more openly because opposition doesn't have the numbers to counter or block it.

The audacity to think that someone of Simmons' background and experience was gonna be a stooge and rubber stamp.

Last edited:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Unfortunately that racist paternal element exists in governing bodies around the country. In some cities and states it rears its fangs more openly because opposition doesn't have the numbers to counter or block it.

The audacity to think that someone of Carter's background and experience was gonna be a stooge and rubber stamp.

What is also crazy is the failing school TX used as an excuse to take over Houston schools is Wheatley--where Simmons went to H.S.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I graduated from A&M Commerce. Believe me, those hateful cacs are still outraged that Negroes are being allowed to attend East Texas State University. I wish that whole fukking campus would go up in flames.