Former Speaker Boehner Calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the Flesh'

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Former Speaker Boehner Calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the Flesh'
John Boehner is not a big fan of Ted Cruz.

So much so, in fact, that the former Republican House Speaker told an audience at Stanford University Wednesday that the Texas senator is "Lucifer in the flesh" and a "miserable son of a bytch."

Speaker of the House John Boehner publicly announces his resignation as Speaker and from the U.S. Congress at a news conference at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, Sept. 25. JONATHAN ERNST / Reuters
Asked about the 2016 presidential candidate at a forum hosted by Stanford in Government (SIG) and the Stanford Speakers Bureau, Boehner drew laughter for making a face of disgust, according to the Stanford Daily.

"Lucifer in the flesh," Boehner said, according to the paper. "I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bytch in my life."

He added that he would vote for Donald Trump in a general election if he becomes the Republican nominee but that he would not vote for Cruz.

Boehner was reportedly urged by the event's moderator, Professor David M. Kennedy, to be frank because the event was not being broadcast.

The former Ohio lawmaker had kinder words for his "texting buddy" Donald Trump, with whom Boehner has played golf with for "years."

And he described another 2016 candidate, John Kasich, as a "friend" too, although he suggested that the relationship takes "more effort" than others.

"[Kasich] requires more effort on my behalf than all my other friends … but he's still my friend, and I love him," Boehner said.

Cruz famously led a group of hard-line conservatives who derailed House leaders' attempts to avoid a government shutdown in 2013. Cruz's failed attempt to force the defunding of President Barack Obama's signature health care law resulted in a 16-day shutdown that was widely seen as politically damaging for the Republican Party.

Boehner stepped down from his role as House Speaker last September under political pressure from conservatives on Capitol Hill.

NBC News has reached out to Cruz's team for comment.

:huhldup: The hate is real for sleezy ass Cruz.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
He and Hillary should run on the same ticket together
full

Tate

Kae☭ernick Loyalist
Daps
I don't think I've ever known of someone who was more hated by his peers than Ted Cruz. Like Stalin would occasionally have close friends executed and people still had nicer things to say about him.

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
I can kinda see the appeal for Hillary and Trump but how anyone likes Cruz will always baffle me. Then again I don't understand theocracies outside of the Vatican and I don't want too so maybe that's why.

I assume it's ignorance, which is sad considering how big this is supposed to be. Not even his look-alike knew who tf he was

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I'm still :mindblown: that his wife married him

Him getting elected would be the end of the country but it would be pretty funny to watch the GOP establishment continually tear him apart for 2 years (I dont think the country would last longer under a Ted Cruz presidency)