Fox's X-Men Issues: Jennifer Lawrence Unsigned, 'Deadpool' Defections, 'Gambit' on Hold

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only a fool would say such a thing. Cyclops is the physical manifestation of paint drying. He's the flavor of rice cakes. You don't have the right to call Gambit one note as a Cyclops stan. And It's nice to know you had a different choice of costume this past Halloween.

Nah, Cyclops was always that dude until they screwed up his character with editorial mandates, X-factor, and the resurrection of Jean Grey. He was a tactical genius and a true leader who stayed sonning Wolverine and singlehandedly saved the whole team from certain death countless times. He was always under immense pressure--he knows that he's not the most liked or the best man for the job, but SOMEBODY'S got to lead the fight. So he's constantly suppressing his feelings for the greater good so they can get the job done. People write him off as this lame character just because they only know about the 90's cartoon and the movies and not the really good stuff in the actual comics. They also redeemed his character later with the Morrison and Whedon issues.

I'm with @Mikey2Toes on this one. Gambit isn't main character material, he's mostly all style and very little substance. Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Beast >>>>>>>>>>>
The problem with Gambit is that his whole existence peaked with the 90's cartoon. It was a wrap for him having any kind of relevance or importance to anything once that decade ended.
He has no truly legendary solo stories of his own, and almost all of the best stuff in the actual comics (barring alternate universes) either has nothing to do with him (Morrison, Whedon), or takes place waaaaayyy before he first showed up (Cockrum/Claremont/Byrne). He can be great in a supporting role as more of a side character who occasionally shows up to ride for the team, but as it stands now, he doesn't stand the test of time and he's mostly the X-men equivalent of this dude:

latest

Share that girl with Magneto for 20 years brehs
Wear Gangstalicious pink body armor brehs
Be designed by committee brehs

46a60fa9c3089_28726n.jpg

I told you he shared that girl... :francis:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Ok...... peep this.

Let's make a bet.:ohhh:

Peeps some of the stuff :ehh: @Mikey2Toes Trynna put you on to.

If you don't like... I will give you my next 3 paychecks excluding the OT (a g has to eat).:yeshrug:

But if and when you DO LIKE! I get to creampie your girl.

That's a fair gentlemans bet! Respect.:ld:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, Cyclops was always that dude until they screwed up his character with editorial mandates, X-factor, and the resurrection of Jean Grey. He was a tactical genius and a true leader who stayed sonning Wolverine and singlehandedly saved the whole team from certain death countless times. He was always under immense pressure--he knows that he's not the most liked or the best man for the job, but SOMEBODY'S got to lead the fight. So he's constantly suppressing his feelings for the greater good so they can get the job done. People write him off as this lame character just because they only know about the 90's cartoon and the movies and not the really good stuff in the actual comics. They also redeemed his character later with the Morrison and Whedon issues.

I'm with @Mikey2Toes on this one. Gambit isn't main character material, he's mostly all style and very little substance. Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Beast >>>>>>>>>>>
The problem with Gambit is that his whole existence peaked with the 90's cartoon. It was a wrap for him having any kind of relevance or importance to anything once that decade ended.
He has no truly legendary solo stories of his own, and almost all of the best stuff in the actual comics (barring alternate universes) either has nothing to do with him (Morrison, Whedon), or takes place waaaaayyy before he first showed up (Cockrum/Claremont/Byrne). He can be great in a supporting role as more of a side character who occasionally shows up to ride for the team, but as it stands now, he doesn't stand the test of time and he's mostly the X-men equivalent of this dude:

latest

Share that girl with Magneto for 20 years brehs
Wear Gangstalicious pink body armor brehs
Be designed by committee brehs

46a60fa9c3089_28726n.jpg

I told you he shared that girl... :francis:
I disagree. How about him becoming one of the horseman? What about the killing of the morlocks? And the feud between the guilds. I find his origin interesting as well as his abilities.

Ok...... peep this.

Let's make a bet.:ohhh:

Peeps some of the stuff :ehh: @Mikey2Toes Trynna put you on to.

If you don't like... I will give you my next 3 paychecks excluding the OT (a g has to eat).:yeshrug:

But if and when you DO LIKE! I get to creampie your girl.

That's a fair gentlemans bet! Respect.:ld:

Peeped some stuff. Didn't like it. You sending a check or direct deposit?:beli:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Agreed. Give some kids on an advisory role and he's fine.

If they actually make a concise effort to have a mutant world rather than shotgunning ideas or letting directors do whatever they want, they could do a good thing. It would help if they didn't act like they were embarrased of the source material and not try to make it something it isn't. Im also kinda worried that introducing legion means they have a reset button that they can push whenever they want
Seriously. They go out of their way to ignore the many brilliant storylines they can pull from. And keep going to that hack Singer who is more or less proud to have never read the stories. As long as they act that way its never going to reach its potential.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I disagree. How about him becoming one of the horseman? What about the killing of the morlocks? And the feud between the guilds. I find his origin interesting as well as his abilities.

No way you read Astonishing and "didn't like it" yet claim Gambit to be some bawse. nikka please

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way you read Astonishing and "didn't like it" yet claim Gambit to be some bawse. nikka please

I wasn't talking to you nikka. And who claimed who was a boss? I just think he's more interesting. He's my favorite X-Men.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Give a fuuuuuuuck who you were talking to. You don't follow X-Men or only know them from the fukking tv show if he's your favorite.
nikka get the fukk out here. You gonna tell me me who I'm supposed to like? It's obvious you read more of the comics than me . But I've read enough and watched enough to know Gambit is my favorite. I don't give fukk what you read nikka.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chill brehs, it's not this serious :hubie:

I'll be fair though, the IDEA of Gambit is :banderas:
A master thief who can turn anything he touches into a bomb? :whoo:

My biggest issue is the execution. As a supporting character, he can definitely be great (X-men Evolution), and he's had has share of dope moments in the cartoon. I wouldn't put him in my top ten though, he just doesn't have the history or the deeper connections to Professor X's cause to make him worthy of the protagonist title over the likes of Cyclops, Storm, or even Kitty Pryde. IMO he's too one note for that. Even Wolverine is Raphael status in my view, he's way more interesting when he's used in measured doses.

Some characters work best as just "that random guy who shows up, does something dope, then bounces", like Wedge in Star Wars, or Tien in DBZ.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I think Gambit is a dope character but doesn't seem to me he can carry a movie or series by himself.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
I would love if the reboot just took place as if everything was established with blue and gold teams. Have all the xmen right offbthe bat. Maybe a young gurl joins like kitty pryde and we see the first movie through her eyes.

All the classic xmen

Original 5 (cyke,jean,beast,iceman,angel)
+ wolverine, storm, nightcrawler, colossus, rogue, gambit, psylocke

Any other new ones should be in new mutants which cable will receuit for xforce...

The fukking potential...

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Dunno why they would let ryan Reynolds have sway over any thing
I liked dude in waiting and the movie where he wore a fat suit but he just started getting his own career together

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

No.... @Mikey2Toes aint really give you the real shyt..... you gotta continue your journey a little longer. Trust me.... You will like this dont fight this.

And I always find direct deposit the easiest and smoothest way for these transitions. Dont want the check to get lost in the mail then you claim I'm not a man of my word:ld:

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Dunno why they would let ryan Reynolds have sway over any thing
I liked dude in waiting and the movie where he wore a fat suit but he just started getting his own career together
I don't know whats going on behind the closed doors but they better not fukk around with Deadpool :ufdup: