"Fractured Hands & Pulled Hams Equals Broken Harts" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They’ve already shown stuff like that impacts their decision making (like not trading Kyrie to LA just so he doesn’t get his way)
Tsai being spiteful with Kyrie was because Kyrie was a cancer to the franchise. He refused to get vaccinated and wasted the window they had with KD and Harden, he made antisemitic statements, and was just a curmudgeon. It’s not ironic that sending him to Texas worked well because being against vaccines, antisemitic, and just a mean piece of shyt is normal down there.

Meanwhile he sent KD to where KD wanted to go.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Tsai being spiteful with Kyrie was because Kyrie was a cancer to the franchise. He refused to get vaccinated and wasted the window they had with KD and Harden, he made antisemitic statements, and was just a curmudgeon. It’s not ironic that sending him to Texas worked well because being against vaccines, antisemitic, and just a mean piece of shyt is normal down there.

They also got the best return for KD as well.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If the Knicks had the best trade package I still think BK doesn’t do it, but why Bridges won’t be a Knick will ultimately come down to other teams will just offer more, Tsai doesn’t want to think that all Brooklyn will ever be is the team that finally got the Knicks over the hump.
I think Mikal ends up in NY In a three team trade. The Nets said they want Mitchell. Well Mitchell is CAA, and the Cavs are going to want back what they spent on Mitchell, maybe more. If a team wants to build around Mitchell after the trade is done they are going to need a third team to add assets.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I think Mikal ends up in NY In a three team trade. The Nets said they want Mitchell. Well Mitchell is CAA, and the Cavs are going to want back what they spent on Mitchell, maybe more. If a team wants to build around Mitchell after the trade is done they are going to need a third team to add assets.
they want Mitchell alongside Bridges, not in exchange for him.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Newfound respect for Kevin Garnett and Kendrick Perkins.

This clip will feed me hopium throughout the summer.

I don't want to hear shyt else. I'm doubling down on my echo chamber.

Keep the team, foster the health, optimize the rotations.

I will stand on this until proven otherwise:

People like to judge Julius Randle for his first two playoff performances. (They have a right to. Not denying this.)

But this judgment is done without proper context.

For the two years that Randle was in the playoffs, he was the PRIORITY focus of the opposition's ENTIRE defensive scheme. (One of those years, he had suited up for the playoffs right out of injury.)

Now, props to the Hawks and to the Heat, but, what Randle's poor performance showed me was this:

There is an applicable difference between an ALL-STAR and a SUPERSTAR. An all-star is a player who can take over games when things are going his way. He is able to command attention every night. BUT, an all-star is NOT going to be reliable if a defense goes defcon 1 and commits to forcing the all-star's team to win the game by suffocating the all-star. That is Julius Randle.

My point: That is okay. That is fine. We used to think Randle was our best player, that is when the above description of his status as an all-star was a serious problem.

What this all means relies on this understanding of what a superstar is -
A SUPER-STAR is an all-star player who is able to STILL play as an effective all-star player EVEN when the defensive scheme is predicated on STOPPING HIM. This is why Embiid, as much as I don't like him, is a superstar. And this, I submit, is why Jalen Brunson is a superstar. What we saw in the 2024 playoffs is Brunson is going to give you an all-star performance regardless of the defense.

With Jalen Brunson evolving to the level he has at this stage in the Knicks team structure, we know that moving forward, every playoffs we are in, the defense will prioritize stopping Jalen and forcing his teammates to win the game. However, what have we established?

Brunson will STILL get his. And that brings us to why Randle is DANGEROUS in his role moving forward. Randle being able to do work on a defense that is viewing him as not the focus will allow him to do what he does when he's comfortable - be a fukking ALL-STAR.

I'm ready to run this thing back with these core players:
(Brunson, Hart, Donte), OG Anunoby, Randle, Hartenstein and McBride.

I'd love to keep M. Rob, Bogdanovic, and Burks. However, if the Knicks see an opening for upgrades to their roster without trading the above-mentioned core players, I trust Leon Rose's decision making, especially with the war chest of picks we have.

I can't tell y'all how happy and content I am with what we have. I absolutely LOVE these guys. The most important thing for me has always been that I care more about loving the players I root for and the JOURNEY (whatever the result), rather than a championship. I am not a stockholder, nor am I getting a cash payout if the Knicks win a championship. I stand on business when I say I wouldn't trade this current team for the peak warriors roster that would ensure a championship. Why? I enjoy the story and journey more than that feeling of euphoria when we win that depreciates 2 weeks after the chip because we are already thinking about the next year's performance.

Let's fukking go, brehs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
No troll, this exchange shows why I care about the journey and the players that I'VE come to organically love and support.

How y'all think GSW fans felt in 2019? at least it wasn't the finals, you nikkas a b ready to commit dat

I don't give a damn about how a GSW fan feels. They're sitting on 4 chips. I'd feel really good. They were the #1 target. Everyone supposed to hate them. They knocked out everyone for the better part of a decade. As a Yankee fan in late 90s, early 2000s I can relate. After our run was done, I was like Thanos looking off into the sunset.
Warriors fans have ALOT to be happy for regarding the last decade. But guess what? That dynasty only feeds the ability to win arguments/debates in sports discourse. It DOES NOT feed the insatiable appetite of a true fan. That "WE DID IT!!" is fleeting as hell. It's understandable. Same with Chicago Cubs fans. Imagine? Finally winning the world series after a 108-year championship drought... You'd think that one chip would have Cubs fans floating on AIR for the next decade. NOPE. The euphoria fades as soon as off-season free agency and talk of the next year starts. The championship feels good. The journey is what you really are a fan of.

I love these guys. Let's run it back.

Last edited:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
How y'all think GSW fans felt in 2019? at least it wasn't the finals, you nikkas a b ready to commit dat
I don't give a damn about how a GSW fan feels. They're sitting on 4 chips. I'd feel really good. They were the #1 target. Everyone supposed to hate them. They knocked out everyone for the better part of a decade. As a Yankee fan in late 90s, early 2000s I can relate. After our run was done, I was like Thanos looking off into the sunset.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Newfound respect for Kevin Garnett and Kendrick Perkins.

This clip will feed me hopium throughout the summer.

I don't want to hear shyt else. I'm doubling down on my echo chamber.

Keep the team, foster the health, optimize the rotations.

I will stand on this until proven otherwise:

People like to judge Julius Randle for his first two playoff performances. (They have a right to. Not denying this.)

But this judgment is done without proper context.

For the two years that Randle was in the playoffs, he was the PRIORITY focus of the opposition's ENTIRE defensive scheme. (One of those years, he had suited up for the playoffs right out of injury.)

Now, props to the Hawks and to the Heat, but, what Randle's poor performance showed me was this:

There is an applicable difference between an ALL-STAR and a SUPERSTAR. An all-star is a player who can take over games when things are going his way. He is able to command attention every night. BUT, an all-star is NOT going to be reliable if a defense goes defcon 1 and commits to forcing the all-star's team to win the game by suffocating the all-star. That is Julius Randle.

My point: That is okay. That is fine. We used to think Randle was our best player, that is when the above description of his status as an all-star was a serious problem.

What this all means relies on this understanding of what a superstar is -
A SUPER-STAR is an all-star player who is able to STILL play as an effective all-star player EVEN when the defensive scheme is predicated on STOPPING HIM. This is why Embiid, as much as I don't like him, is a superstar. And this, I submit, is why Jalen Brunson is a superstar. What we saw in the 2024 playoffs is Brunson is going to give you an all-star performance regardless of the defense.

With Jalen Brunson evolving to the level he has at this stage in the Knicks team structure, we know that moving forward, every playoffs we are in, the defense will prioritize stopping Jalen and forcing his teammates to win the game. However, what have we established?

Brunson will STILL get his. And that brings us to why Randle is DANGEROUS in his role moving forward. Randle being able to do work on a defense that is viewing him as not the focus will allow him to do what he does when he's comfortable - be a fukking ALL-STAR.

I'm ready to run this thing back with these core players:
(Brunson, Hart, Donte), OG Anunoby, Randle, Hartenstein and McBride.

I'd love to keep M. Rob, Bogdanovic, and Burks. However, if the Knicks see an opening for upgrades to their roster without trading the above-mentioned core players, I trust Leon Rose's decision making, especially with the war chest of picks we have.

I can't tell y'all how happy and content I am with what we have. I absolutely LOVE these guys. The most important thing for me has always been that I care more about loving the players I root for and the JOURNEY (whatever the result), rather than a championship. I am not a stockholder, nor am I getting a cash payout if the Knicks win a championship. I stand on business when I say I wouldn't trade this current team for the peak warriors roster that would ensure a championship. Why? I enjoy the story and journey more than that feeling of euphoria when we win that depreciates 2 weeks after the chip because we are already thinking about the next year's performance.

Let's fukking go, brehs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
No troll, this exchange shows why I care about the journey and the players that I'VE come to organically love and support.

Warriors fans have ALOT to be happy for regarding the last decade. But guess what? That dynasty only feeds the ability to win arguments/debates in sports discourse. It DOES NOT feed the insatiable appetite of a true fan. That "WE DID IT!!" is fleeting as hell. It's understandable. Same with Chicago Cubs fans. Imagine? Finally winning the world series after a 108-year championship drought... You'd think that one chip would have Cubs fans floating on AIR for the next decade. NOPE. The euphoria fades as soon as off-season free agency and talk of the next year starts. The championship feels good. The journey is what you really are a fan of.

I love these guys. Let's run it back.

shyt. I’m an Eagles fan. That championship run been gone in the quest for more.

Big Mountain Hélà

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
954/718

Negged