Frank Ocean On Prince: “He Made Me Feel More Comfortable With How I Identify Sexually”

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Im sayin, he was a hypocrite like most religious people. I know some JWs, and they preach all that jesus shyt, but are azzholes. The hypocrisy is the :mindblown: part.

Prince empowered gaus w/ his own behavior, to think he didnt agree w/ them is just :mindblown:
christians dont really mess with JW like that, they're very extreme.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
No u dont u fakkit ass nikka

Tired of these fakkits on some

"oh u think its one way but I know its the other way" when discussing whats going on internally with another individual

How yo gay ass gonna assume the way you interpreted your feelings and experiences is objectively true when it comes to the next man

On some

"Oh u never stopped being gay ur just supressing and hiding who u rlly are"

Da fck:what:

Man Frank needa get smacked for this post my G twisting Prince's stance like this :scust:

You sound mad

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Now that Prince underground everyone going to be twisting what he really stood for
He was a gay icon, even though he was a crazy Jehovas Witness.
Not in terms of fukking dudes, but doing whatever you want in terms of how you dress, act etc and not letting anyone judge you. That's why homos love him, not cause he fukked dudes or something like that.

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
Damn you guys are homophobic. Ocean is just telling how Prince influenced him. We really going to act like we knew what was Prince's sexuality now. You guys need to let you hate of homosexual go.
Nah we dont need to do anything

That gay sht

Fiyah

No onse scared of no homos tho nikka :camby:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
When asked about his perspective on social issues gay marriage, abortion Prince tapped his Bible and said, “God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like, ‘Enough.’ ”

:skip:
Yeah Prince was a devout JW....so this shyt is hilarious to me

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Why "shady"? He's expressing his personal view of what Prince's music meant to him. There's nothing wrong with that. That's the point of music.
It's shady because what exactly does Prince's music have to do with homosexuality? nothing

It was the way Prince dressed that really seemed to catch this dude's attention, he doesn't need to be sayin shyt like this about a dead man who didn't care for the homosexual lifestyle twisting it in a way that seems like Prince would approve. He never even went to a Prince show yet Prince "inspired" him? ok :comeon:

I've been to a Prince show and I'm not even a big fan like that

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
e00lme.jpg

Frank Ocean has posted a tribute to Prince on his tumblr page.

“I’m not even gonna say rest in peace because it’s bigger than death,” Frank Ocean writes of Prince, who passed away today. He was 57.
“I never met the man (I was too nervous the one time I saw him) and I never saw him play live, regrettably,” Frank Ocean continues. "I only know the legends I’ve heard from folks and what I’ve heard and seen from his deep catalog of propellant, fearless, virtuosic work. My a.ssessment is that he learned early on how little value to a.ssign to someone else’s opinion of you.. an infectious sentiment that seemed soaked into his clothes, his hair, his walk, his guitar and his primal scream.”
Frank Ocean was particular moved by “When You Were Mine,” a song from Prince’s Dirty Mind album, which was released in 1980.

“It’s a simple song with a simple melody that makes you wish you thought of it first, even though you never would have—a flirtatious brand of genius that feels approachable,” Ocean says.
Beyond the music, Frank Ocean says that Prince made an impact via his imagery.

“He was a straight Black man who played his first televised set in bikini bottoms and knee high heeled boots, epic,” Ocean says. “He made me feel more comfortable with how I identify s3xually simply by his display of freedom from and irreverence for obviously archaic ideas like gender conformity etc. He moved me to be more daring and intuitive with my own work by his demonstration—his denial of the prevailing model…his f!ght for his intellectual property – ‘slave’ written across the forehead, name changed to a symbol… an all out rebellion against exploitation. a vanguard and genius by every metric I know of who affected many in a way that will outrun oblivion for a long while. I’m proud to be a Prince fan(stan) for life.”
He can't hold a candle to prince. There is no comparison at all and prince was also not gay.

Nice try hocean